Indicators acting up, only flashing down one side. Where to start?

jackpilk

Reaction score
When pressing the hazard switch in the car only the indicators down the left side of the car flash, this is the same when I press the lock/unlock button on the key fob it does the same. However when using the stalk and indicating to go right it works fine down the right side.

Anyone dealt with this? Am I right in saying this is a possible relay fault or hazard switch? It's been like this for a while and has been plugged into Vagcom various times but nothing shows up.

Thanks

Brill. Can I get one from GSF or am I best getting a genuine one?

Mine had this problem. New hazard switch sorted it :) I used genuine parts but up to you, only a switch, it's not a big deal

With the indicator stalk pushed up (indicating right) and then pressing the Hazard switch it just cuts the indicating right command and only flashes left. You can hear a distinct clunk coming from hazard button when it cuts out the right signal, which to me points out that the problem.

Thanks for the help

Its the hazard relay, its an all in one unit, you will be able to replace it and its a main dealer part only.

Was about £35 all in and takes about 15mins to replace.

Yep you need a new hazard switch. Simple fix, If you have a facelift, remove the radio then undo the screws that hold the piano varnish surrounding the hazard switch. Then just plug in the new one :)