Is this right? (AH Fabs V2)

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Glad I checked before I took it all the way back to Australia but is this IC wrong?

ahfabs.jpg

It looks very similar to Staceys below, which apparently has the pipes going the wrong way :(

ac395469.jpg

Looks to me like the mounts should point the opposite direction to the pipes?

I didn't pay to modify it :( I'd have got a universal eBay cooler if I wanted to do that...

Last edited:
I'm quite keen to hear from Stacey as to why his pointed the wrong way? To me looking again it looks like this might fit as the IC is wider than the V1. Lars also said he's sold loads of these using the same jig so it'd be odd if this one's off.

Hey Sam, yes they are in the wrong direction they should be facing the other way Paul warned me about this too , as i plan on slapping one on the s3 myself

Has anyone fitted one that can confirm? It looks like it might actually be ok...

Hi Sam- I'm only going by the intercooler I had made to my spec but my brackets were facing the other way so I'd be surprised if it weren't the same for this cooler. I can't see how you would have any material to bolt that to based on the bend of the impact bar at the front.

Thats what I suspect too but Lars is saying that he's sold loads using the same jig. Hoping someone has fitted one with the same setup as I have.

Thats not the way I originally designed the brackets .... not sure why they are doing them that way but mine face forward....

<tuffty/>

I don't have any pics of the FMIC with the brackets to show you sadly as Lars welded them on last... I know they were going to update the drawing once I had left for the day but the V1 has the brackets facing forward so not sure why they got it wrong this time around...

Mine are defo facing forward... :D

<tuffty/>

It's definately the wrong way and after being one of the first to be worked off of the drawings (from tuffty's proto) I accepted it and modified myself as wasnt worth postage costs but did inform Lars who said drawings were going to be modified for future coolers ;)

****. That's annoying since I fly out pretty damn soon and there's easter holidays. Hoepfully he can build another and send it out and pick this one up rather than wait to pick this one up, modify it and send it back. I'd rather have a fresh one!

It's easy enough if you can find someone who can tig weld I just had the pipes cut and rotated 180 degrees and works out cheaper than faffing about with postage etc but if you do go this route and they agree to I'd certinally be asking for the cost of it back, but should probably be able to get someone to do it for £10-£20 cash

Although I do agree it should have been right in the first place but sometimes it works out easier and cheaper for both parties to sort other ways
Hope you get it sorted mate as will be well worth it ;)

I'd rather not have to hack a nigh on 400 quid intercooler though. If I wanted to do that I'd have bought the Welly cooler :(

Wish I'd just got the Wagner cooler now really. It better be worth the effort!

I'll give Lars a right in the morning and see what he's up for doing.

I'll let Lars know that everyone's having to modify them.

Bill, in your case was it just swapping the directions of the mounts or pipes?

Haha, I wasn't sure if there were other issues. Going to drive it up to Lars on Monday hopefully. Bit of a trek but I'd rather he sorted it than someone else potentially ****** it up completely. I'm just worried it's going to be look a bit dog eared now :( Ah well. You won't see it I guess...

I had to wait about 5 weeks for my intercooler i was promised it for weeks buty still took ages :( id never use them again as when it finally arrived it was as all the other posts above..
i had 2 days before ultimate dubs to get my car back together and test all the other parts id fitted before i drove 200 odd miles so i was well hacked off with them!!
these can still be fitted without modding the intercooler at all though, i made up some 90 degree brackets that i screwed to the front pannel with some speed screws and fastners i fitted into the front pannel then bolted the cooler to the bracket. Id have taken pics and a how to modify your shoddy AH fabs cooler had I've known it would have been such a commen problem.

really thought it would be correct following all the hype about said company!!!

wow your not really encouraging me to buy one espcially that im all the way in Aust. having a bracket fitted the opposite angle would **** the **** out of me ..... luckly Sam is already there , shouldve asked him to get me one too :p

I'm probably going to have to pay to bring the thing back but I should be ok if I pack sensibly (chuck loads in hand luggage heh).

This sort of thing happens. It'll be ok once it's sorted and I'll ask Lars to fix it for future V2 coolers.

Lars fixed them for me in about 10 minutes. They build some awesome kit! 330 mile drive in my mates fuel loving 450bhp Evo 8 but at least it's sorted now.

ic_mounts_fixed.jpg

Cheers Paul for your help + design! Now to fit it. It should end up in some nice low AIT's ready for the Sydney winter! :)