EMS (3rd time in 3 weeks)

engdan

Reaction score
Website
www.djtengineering.co.uk
EMS light came on about 3 weks ago took it to Audi Lancaster in Manchester, they said some crap about it needed reseting and charged me £44.06, 4 days later its back on again, this time they say its the Lambda try to charge me £44.06 again and say i have to bring back in 8 days for the repair which will cost me £150, after a short discusion he loses the £44.
Anyway the work was carried out 2 days ago and today the EMS light is back on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

What do you think ?
I have had the car over 3 years and never had any problems with it until now!!

How is the car running? Does it seem ok? Perhaps you could get someone with vagcom to take a look?

yes I have been charge 1/2 hour labour also to reset the light on a few different occassions(faulty MAF/Coil Pack/Throttle Housing...soon adds up to big bucks)
came to the conclusion that audi dealers are thieving basterds who need castrating

If u cannot gain access to the vagcom tool from a fellow friendly forum user then you can reset the light yourself by disconnecting the battery for about 1/2 hour but should only do this provided you know the reason for the light coming on in the first place
I did this a few times myself when i was waiting to replace my faulty MAF and avoided wasting beer money at the stealer

The car Runs absolutely fine.
I talked to service manager today he is getting a Master Technician to take a look, so i will have to c what he says, just hope they dont try saying its something else again....... i also mentioned i wanted the money back for the last so called repair, but i might be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in the wind with that.

Just got it back today ! the master technician took a look and found a problem to be a worn lead/ hose or something like that, they are going to take it in again thursday and replace it.
They also mentioned lookng into giving me a refund for the previous wrongly diagnosed repairs.