What have I done!!

Customboy

Reaction score
Well as the title says I haven't even let the wheels cool down after my stage 2 and I have only gone and got a k04 023 turbo!! I got the lines and manifold and turbo is sweet and clean no play of cracks I'm still in shock !! Already spoke to nick @ rtech about booking in for remap and what else I need advised me to get injectors and badger 5 tip, quick question would the bam engine injectors be ok or should I get as prawn has advised me the Bosch 440 green or Saab ones? Also looking out now for a new decat as my ko3s won't work!

Well 250bhp+ or bust now! Going to have to work hard now to get this done looking to get it all done with 2 month! A late 34th birthday present to myself!!

So soon I will be selling two turbos my ko3 on,y covered 78k and now my ko3s only covered about 7k and also mint decat and downpipe the joys of audis!!

Badger if you get to read this how much are your tip? And no smutty remarks anyone I know how it sounds lol!!

How much did you spend on the k04 upgrade if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of this myself

Badger if you get to read this how much are your tip? And no smutty remarks anyone I know how it sounds lol!!

Visit his trading page on here, IIRC they are about £170. Also on eBay.

personally i wouldnt use the old bosch 440 "green tops", as they are single cone spray pattern thats not really suited to the multi port head.

the saab reds are dual cone, however they're only 350cc which might struggle on a K04. A mild fuel pressure bump to 3.5bar might give the 350's enough flow though.

AFAIK the S3 injectors dont fit an AGU properly either. The vauxhall VXR items are ~450cc and should drop streight into the AGU inlet/fuel rail.

Pretty cheap new too:

Vauxhall Astra VXR Fuel Rail & Injectors Z20LEH Z20LET | eBay

you definatly got the bug then, chasing big power, what is your goal power wise?

ps: youll be impressed with the bigger brakes once you get them on too

Bobby, I'll reply in here instead of to your PM again :)

Injectors: S3 injectors WILL work, but to fit them you'd need some injector spacers (I have some for sale if you do go down this route)

However, Niki at Rtech will try and steer you against using S3 injectors on an ME3.8 ECU, as it gives issues with the latency and minimum injection apparently, so whilst they can be made to work, the tune is not as good as it could be.

For that reason, Niki prefers to map AGU's on older Bosch injectors, the saab 360cc ones seem to be fine for use on a standard ko4, and for use on a hybrid ko4 bosch 440 greens do the trick nicely. If you're going to be considering a hybrid at some point in the future you might as well go for the 440's now I'd think, as it'll save on future costs.

TIP wise I think the TIP from Bill is around £190 all in, but it's an absolutely gorgeous piece of kit and well worth the money!

You're going to need to revise your FMIC pipework too, as the ko4 turbo sits in a different position to the ko3, so they will need a rejig / think but that's best done when the turbo is in place so you can look at it and work out exactly what's required.

You're going to love it dude, it'll fly with a ko4 on there!

I know people say the 440's have the wrong spray pattern, but it doesn't seem to be hurting mine Kev.... It's making more power at a given boost level than just about any other ko4 hybrid out there at the moment, and that's even with a top end enrichment to make up for my primative ECU.

I thought the ashtray VXR injectors were a direct fit into the S3 fuel rail? meaning they'd be too short again for the AGU rail without injector spacers (did I mention I'm selling some? ;)) chances are being a modern injector you'd be faced with the same latency issues of the AMK/BAM injectors too

Cheers prawn mate didn't know my intercooler pipes would need adjusting ****** hell list goes on!! Are the pipes going to need a lot of work as my forge intercooler has outlets on the same side ! Also now confused about injectors to Bosch or not to? Seen a set on eBay was going to bid on them

Markeyboy I'm looking for anything over 250bhp with loads of nice torque I'm still in shock with what I have done!

Sorry metro forgot to reply to u I'm looking to spend about 1k for the k04 turbo and other bits I need

Which bosch ones are you talking about Bobby? You need to be very specific here chap. the saab reds, 440 greens, and I think standard injectors are all made by bosch!

Price sounds pretty reasonable, im still building up to power mods at the moment so I'm just looking at possibilities. Can't help but think the money ive. Spent might be best spent on an s3 but too late now!

Chin up metro it's not a easy road but if you do it right then it's all worth while I haven't let my stage 2 warm up and already planning to remove it!!

Are you prepared to take the cylinder head off to fit the turbo or are you going to do it with the head in place?

Prawn u got a number I can get u on mate? Pm it go me if that's ok

Would like to leave the head in place beachbuggy mate is that possible or better to remove head I'm clueless!!

Bill does have all the prices in his forum on ASN... its to save him repeating himself lol... ;P

<tuffty/>

Its definately possible, but a pain in the A8se. Really depends on whos doing the job for you I guess. Removing the old K03s/manifold etc is easy to do with the head in place, however,certainly on the S3 platform with a transfer box it's a right pain to fit the k04 manifold and turbo in situ especially with a K04 downpipe in the way. I'm not saying it can't be done but I would suggest you get a good action plan into place and possibly have a contingency plan in place to have the head removed in the process.

Good work though, you wont stop at 250bhp though :)

Haha the more bhp the better lol well I will have to stop after this as pockets will be dry! Do they still buy liver and kidneys lol!!

Well beachbuggy will first buy all the bits that have been recommended to me and get them all fitted after a long look at what work is involved, I'm not one to do things on the cheap want it done right and built to last as I'm not planning to sell the car for a very long while now! Was at first going to sell up and just buy a s3 or s4 but that's too easy and want something that's looks standard and goes like ****! Lol, but as most things will take my time and get it to nick at rtech in due time but has already told me will need the car for a few days for remap but will do it for a nice price quote to me!

I know people say the 440's have the wrong spray pattern, but it doesn't seem to be hurting mine Kev.... It's making more power at a given boost level than just about any other ko4 hybrid out there at the moment, and that's even with a top end enrichment to make up for my primative ECU.

I thought the ashtray VXR injectors were a direct fit into the S3 fuel rail? meaning they'd be too short again for the AGU rail without injector spacers (did I mention I'm selling some? ;)) chances are being a modern injector you'd be faced with the same latency issues of the AMK/BAM injectors too

Its not about power. Its about fuel consumption and smoothness at low loads due to the poor atomisation. If you imagine the jet of fuel pointing the right way, it smoothly atomises into the airstream. If its wrong, say an extreme example pointing at a 45 degree angle down the port, then the fuel would hit the wall, bead up and run down the inlet as droplets. At high load the airflow is huge and the fuel will get swept in regardless. But at idle and light throttle that wont happen.

The Z20LET injectors are a streight swap for AGU/AEB ones, they're EV6 design but the same length as the older EV1 injectors. As you say though, they're the same design as the S3 ones, so will probably have the same issues with latency.

Customboy: bear in mind there are many different types of bosch "greens", the green giants on ebay just now for £1.04 are EV6 design, so no better than using S3 ones. Theres also quite a few cosworth variants on there which wont work at all. Theres one set on there as buy it now for £120ish.

U got a link to them mate? I don't really want offend anyone or any great advice but want to get the ones best suited for my car and a straight fit

your mental lol love the chase for power, also do you grow money :moa: spending all that money on stage two to have it for a week and be like MORE!!!

hope you get all the parts pretty soon and get all your work done.

next month the forum will say WHAT HAVE I DONE 2 when you buy a fat big turbo to go on the car.

Reactions: deeman88
Haha coatesy I'm a little crazy but I live and learn I have had many cars my favourite was my Subaru impreza type ra see below

Photo019.jpg

I loved the quick speed in that car but drew too much attention and I just want a great quick simple looking Audi and I know I'm on the right road especially with the great advice and help I'm getting here so big bhp here I come lol!

Reactions: deeman88
Cheers vexorg I'm still learning lol will just buy bits slowly and surely!!

So are the vxr ones ok for ko4 hybrids? Sure i read some where someone had bought these and had to sell them as they werent able to provide enough fuel!!!

So are the vxr ones ok for ko4 hybrids? Sure i read some where someone had bought these and had to sell them as they werent able to provide enough fuel!!!

Now you mention it I am sure Welly bought them and they weren't big enough for his hybrid so bought the 550's. Somthing like where supposed to be 440cc but were actually considerably less. They would be fine for a hybrid making 300bhp but not more and certainly fine for a stock K04 if they fit the AGU manifold.

Cheers arron mate !! Hopefully will still make it to Amd depending on what state the car is in!

They're supposed to be 470cc, not really sure what the deal was with wellys though, either they were the wrong injectors, or this 470cc rating is wrong, but every listing i've found seems to say they ARE 470cc...

The problem you've got is that ANY modern injector gives you the latency issues, be it the VXR's or the S3 ones.

I cant see why it wouldnt be possible to dial in the latency properly though.