MAF replacement, original oem or direct replacement? Any thoughts?

Pops848

Reaction score
So as some o you know I wrecked my head gasket ad my MAF sensor, I'm doing the head gasket now but am just wondering if anyone has tried te bosch mafs from eBay? I'm assuming they are the same as the ones from the stealers but just wondering if anyone has tried it? I'm going to buy a new MAF from TPS, £95 after taking my old one back in, but eBay is about £20 cheaper, anyone tried these?

Stick with the tps one, as you'll at least have the two year warrenty.

yeah i got a "continental" one from sutton auto factors for 45 and its fine.... its a case of get bosche and replace it once in 12 years or geta replacement part and replace every 3 years, are you going to have the car that long?

i heard you can screw them up worse so didnt bother.. have you compared a fixed one to a new one?

To be honest I don't know how long I will have the car for, but would prefer a bosch one in there. Just got a feeling of that "no expense spared" is whats best for this car :icon_thumright:

I'll probably go TPS, because they have full after sales so if anything goes wrong I have something to fall back on rather than an ebay company that doesn't deal so well with complaints.

fair do's i had a niggly problem i couldnt find and couldnt ignore the maf so didnt want to spend 90 odd quid when it may not fix the issue and it didnt by the way lol

peice of mind FTW