3 port boost solenoid??

s3oaks

Reaction score
Does any 1 use a 3 port boost solenoid instead of n75 valve coz I was thinking bout fitting 1 before I go for mapping along with an 80mm badger tip, I no they work great on other turbo cars my bro has ran them on all his mapped jap cars because they control boost really really well just nt sure on vag engine tho

The N75 is a 3 port boost valve... not sure why you would want to change it for something the same...

<tuffty/>

I heard that they arnt very reliable on mapped cars, it's an uprated 3 port I'm talking about not same spec as a stock n75,sorry I shud of stated that in 1st post, I no on jap cars that they make boost alot easier to control than oe solenoids. I'm new to vag stuff always been jap turbo till I got the Audi.

I heard that they arnt very reliable on mapped cars, it's an uprated 3 port I'm talking about not same spec as a stock n75,sorry I shud of stated that in 1st post, I no on jap cars that they make boost alot easier to control than oe solenoids. I'm new to vag stuff always been jap turbo till I got the Audi.

N75's are fine... I use one on my car and has 380hp... they wear out as does any other valve but other than that they are fine... N75 issues are usually done to mapping issues...

<tuffty/>

Great that's cleared that up for me thanks, is there anyway of checking if mine n75 is working spot on before I go to the mappers?

Just buy a new one to make sure i say but don't replace it with anything else other than the standard one it came with when it drove off the showroom floor

What sort of price are they bcz this uprated 3port is only £50 n it works a dream on my bros 430bhp Evo 8 mr

standard ones cost the same but with the ones your talking about they will most likely need calibrating? maybe? mapping is not my area so i'm sure Bill or Tuffty will say

standard ones cost the same but with the ones your talking about they will most likely need calibrating? maybe? mapping is not my area so i'm sure Bill or Tuffty will say
The guy who mapping mine said an uprated 3port would be betterl but it's up to me coz he can set it up either way cheers for your help Andrew. Andy

Who is mapping it? it won't make any difference to the tune at all...

Only real differences between 'solenoids' is typically reaction time... you could sometimes get a bigger spike of boost on AGU engine codes using a different N75 valve but on newer ECU's it will go into limp mode...

N75's rarely go wrong... assuming you have an S3 (from your user name) there is no reason to change the valve unless its proven faulty..

<tuffty/>

Who is mapping it? it won't make any difference to the tune at all...

Only real differences between 'solenoids' is typically reaction time... you could sometimes get a bigger spike of boost on AGU engine codes using a different N75 valve but on newer ECU's it will go into limp mode...

N75's rarely go wrong... assuming you have an S3 (from your user name) there is no reason to change the valve unless its proven faulty..

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that tuffty il stick to n75 valve then cz as far as I no its working fine. Iv got a 2000 s3 APY

My ibiza racecar runs stock ibiza n75... >600bhp
you dont need a jap valve