Dre's S3 adventure :)

dre_S3

Reaction score
hello everyone thought i would start a little progress diary on my 2001 S3, bought the car 2 months ago with 45600 miles and full service history with Audi and loads of receipts and history since owning the car i have had the bug and spent over £2000 on the car already :wacko: was not the intention but you know how it goes :)

SUC30143.jpg

first thing i done was the Cam-belt, water pump, and all tensioner's including the hydraulic tensioner as the car had never had it done in 11 years the old boy that had it used to spend £400 to £500 on servicing but never got the main thing done :no: so when my uncle had the car for all the work he said i was very lucky the belt was ready to go and the water pump just fell to bits :ohmy: and the hydraulic tensioner was leaking to so got everything done with a coolant change + got the haldex oil and filter changed to all good to go now :)

Next was getting Audi to do the roof rails only had it on one side plus the car had been keyed up on the back corner in the past so when they agreed to the 70/30 we came to an agreement that they do the whole quarter panel to :) in the price

the scratch :(
IMGP4147.jpg

IMGP4145.jpg

IMGP4148.jpg

now back from AUDI with the whole roof and roof rails done plus both qurater panels to :) was happy with the service and done a good job, they had the car for nearly 2 weeks

IMGP4394.jpg

IMGP4393.jpg

IMGP4392.jpg

IMGP4391.jpg

got my Audi sport stickers through the other day so one on each side :)

IMGP4407.jpg

IMGP4406.jpg

also added some bose stickers on the inside
IMGP4409.jpg

IMGP4408.jpg

IMGP4410.jpg

Come on Dre lets see some pics of my old wheels on there :)

lol im doing the brembos and alloys in about an hour so watch this space, hope your cool fella

i gave the brems i got of s3Steve a little touch up and a spray with high temp clear lacquer look much better they were not that bad to start with but nice with that shine now also added some S3 stckers before i gave them a spray

IMGP4334.jpg

IMGP4335.jpg

IMGP4329.jpg

On friday when i got the car back from Audi i thought i would take on the mission to fit my B5 V2 tip, forge DV and green panel filter :) the little ******* clips to get of the old tip were not easy to start with but got to grips with it after cutting my hands to bits in the end lol did not helf that the after market alarm was in the way to :(

IMGP4395.jpg

IMGP4399.jpg

IMGP4398.jpg

IMGP4400.jpg

IMGP4401.jpg

IMGP4402.jpg

IMGP4403.jpg

got to say what a difference these mods make very happy pulls very well and a much better sound :)

Last edited:
just gave the BBS ch's a clean that got of s3Steve :) going to fit the brembo juniors today to and do a brake fluid change

IMGP4413.jpg

IMGP4414.jpg

IMGP4418.jpg

IMGP4417.jpg

IMGP4416.jpg

IMGP4415.jpg

will post up later when fitted with the brembo's :)

Brembo's all fitted with discs and full brake fluid bleed feel great the BBS are on to now :) gonna lower the S3 in the future me thinks

IMGP4426.jpg

IMGP4425.jpg

IMGP4424.jpg

IMGP4431.jpg

IMGP4430.jpg

now for the BBS CH fitted :)

IMGP4427.jpg

IMGP4428.jpg

IMGP4437.jpg

IMGP4434.jpg

IMGP4435.jpg

IMGP4438.jpg

IMGP4433.jpg

IMGP4439.jpg

IMGP4441.jpg

IMGP4440.jpg

IMGP4443.jpg

thats it for today time for my sunday roast and chill out :icon_thumright:

Reactions: deeman88
Nice work :)

I'll say it before everyone else pitches in... needs lowering ;P

<tuffty/>

Lol cheers mate if you read above I already said it :) gonna give it a few months spent to much lately lol

Doh!! I was just looking at the pretty pictures :D

(except for the one with the keyed panel... that makes me sad...)

<tuffty/>

Doh!! I was just looking at the pretty pictures :D

(except for the one with the keyed panel... that makes me sad...)

<tuffty/>

Cool mate yeah that keyed panel was not nice at least it's all gone now and can enjoy looking at that Side of the car :)

Reactions: jitvv
Looking good dude, keep up the good work ;)

yup fantastic its really nice, i called Audi today to book it to inspect my roof rails so hope they do it :ermm:

With regards to the roof rails, do you just walk in, or do you have to book it in?

Whats the dealio please?

With regards to the roof rails, do you just walk in, or do you have to book it in?

Whats the dealio please?

Give your local Audi a phone mate they will arrange a day to take photos and measure the paint thickness to send it to head office then you should get a reply within 2 weeks usually 70/30

Had an mot today and flew through next road tax then gonna calm down in the spending :) well try lol

Looking good dre. Wish I'd had an iPhone to take progress pics as I did mine.

Great thread, the cars looking good!

thanks Jimgrim77 :)

got some new interior lights plus some rear number plate and front side lights to, still got to fit the fronts look abit of a mission compared to the rest, looks so much better now :)

IMGP4405.jpg

IMGP4546.jpg

front interior lights
IMGP4536.jpg

IMGP4539.jpg

IMGP4544.jpg

rear interior lights

IMGP4545.jpg

boot
IMGP4547.jpg

glove box

IMGP4541.jpg

and rear number plate
IMGP4543.jpg

will post the front side lights when done :icon_thumright:

Reactions: S3_NDJ
nice nice mate , how much did you get your kit for.... and i thought no spending :p :undwech:

Cars looking sweet mate! Nice build thread too. You car isn't a million miles away from the mods I have on my car! (check my thread in this section to see) your also not a million miles away from where I live so I'll look out for you on the road :) keep up the good work, and the spending! Lol

nice nice mate , how much did you get your kit for.... and i thought no spending :p :undwech:
Lol I know mate really got to save for my holiday and stop spending :) going to do under the doors next and the front side lights to the whole lot cost around £45 :)

Lol I know mate really got to save for my holiday and stop spending :) going to do under the doors next and the front side lights to the whole lot cost around £45 :)

awesome now i should get them :p this forum is naughty for people with an addiction to modding cars i must say doesnt help :whip:

well i have been having a few issues with a boost leak for a couple of weeks checked everywhere and no joy then i thought i would order a spring set for my forge dv as i had an thought that it could be that with the green spring so i changed it for the yellow today and it has made a hell of a difference holding boost much better now happy days :) also bought a hose clamp set a must for with these motors

IMGP4602.jpg

got round to changing my ariel base today as the other was snapped of by the previous owner got a second hand one off flebay for £8 as audi the skankers wanted £45 :wacko:

IMGP4603.jpg

IMGP4607.jpg

also got myself some heko wind deflectors a few months ago so thought i would fit them on :)

IMGP4605.jpg

IMGP4606.jpg

IMGP4604.jpg

:s3addict:

gave the interior and good clean today treated the leather seats i will try and do it monthly and also gave the outside a quick wash getting more attached to my car lately taken me a few months :)

IMGP4636.jpg

IMGP4637.jpg

IMGP4638.jpg

IMGP4639.jpg

IMGP4640.jpg

IMGP4641.jpg

IMGP4642.jpg

IMGP4644.jpg

IMGP4643.jpg

IMGP4645.jpg