Dre's S3 adventure :)

done the n249 bypass today very easy on my AMK

IMGP0314.jpg

IMGP0317.jpg

IMGP0318.jpg

also had a deeper look into my coil pack loom and theres cracks and bare wire everywhere tried my best with electical tape but did not make no difference with the car acting wired under load whe boosting, so just have to wait to get my new harness and get it fitted

IMGP0315.jpg

engine bay is looking so much better since fitting the oil can and deleting the n249 :)

IMGP0319.jpg

Last edited:
I've done that before too mate lol. You learn from your mistakes.

lol its a b*rstard of a job to glad i read about the cable ties otherwise i would still be there
going to a how to thread i think as i took loads of pictures the second time to show people the mistakes as it a crap job to do once not twice

lol, a new plug will still do the job. as long as its gapped alright and is in good nick.

yeah i know it aint the plugs got to be the harness, i really hope so anyway as i have spent more time working and changing things on this car then enjoying driving it

got my harness today got a forge turbo pipe aswell :) also ran the pipe from my oil catch can to the rear of the car so thats finished now and put a new pipe on my n75 to the turbo

my new harness need to find someone to fit it

IMGP0332.jpg

IMGP0331.jpg

IMGP0333.jpg

running catch can hose to back of the car
IMGP0320.jpg

Untitled.jpg

IMGP0323.jpg

IMGP0322.jpg

old hose off

IMGP0326.jpg

new hose on

IMGP0328.jpg

turbo hose off
IMGP0324.jpg

new forge hose on :)

IMGP0329.jpg

IMGP0330.jpg

will update once i get my harness sorted really hope it sorts my problems

dre :s3addict:

time for an update :) got a few bits done over the last week including taking the s3 to Badger 5 to put the coil pack harness on and put the car on the rolling road, and the problem i had for a while with the car holding back when under load, ended up being the MAF so a new Bosch MAF sensor has been put on and everthing is running sweet :)

changed the oil and filter change last friday before going up to Bills (for future ref the oil was changed at 49956m)
IMGP0354.jpg

IMGP0355.jpg

my old Maf causing me misfires and running lean
IMGP0358.jpg

my new coil pack harness being put on at Bager 5 by Tuffty
IMG_0923.jpg

old harness really needed changing
IMGP0362.jpg

IMGP0361.jpg

also got a JR filter and a heat shield while at Badger 5, sounds great gives the car some rawness it needs :)
IMG_0924.jpg

Bill and Tuffty putting the car on the rollers
IMG_0925.jpg

A Healthy 211 bhp from 11 year old car was happy with that :) i will get her mapped one day

IMGP0356.jpg

IMGP0357.jpg

on the way to Bills we took a little de tour to Bristol to pick up a V3 3" downpipe and 200cell sports cat off Liqiud3 got a nice little bargin £235 :) got to find the time to fit it now.

IMGP0359.jpg

IMGP0360.jpg

Last edited:
also managed to find an armrest of ebay in great conditon for £90 another thing on the list to do, i sort of know where to cut the center dash but need to get the bolts and nuts to fit this if anyone knows the part numbers let us know please :)

IMGP0352.jpg

IMGP0353.jpg

also got the rear tierod repair kit with uprated rose bushes as mine are creaking which is a sign they are seized

IMGP0348.jpg

IMGP0351.jpg

IMGP0350.jpg

IMGP0349.jpg

so got a few things to do to keep me busy lol

Great update. Got loads done, and more top bits to go on. You'll love the arm rest. Cruising will be more chilled now with last gear changes.

Managed to get the oil pick up up done the other day not a bad job to do took about 2 hours with the cleaning of the sump and pick up. I did buy a new pick up but TPS managed to give me the wrong one :keule:so gave the old one a good clean with brake cleaner and about 10 mins in the ultrasonic cleaner made it look new

old one is the top and the new useless wrong small oil pick up at the bottom
IMGP0368.jpg

sump off
IMGP0369.jpg

oil pick up in the ultrasoninc cleaner
IMGP0370.jpg

nice and clean :)
IMGP0371.jpg

IMGP0372.jpg

new rubber seal

IMGP0374.jpg

IMGP0375.jpg

IMGP0376.jpg

gave the sump a good clea
IMGP0377.jpg

then sealed and fitted back on :)

IMGP0378.jpg

IMGP0379.jpg

glad that job is done now can relax about my pick up getting bloked

dre:s3addict:

manage to get all the bits i needed to fit the armrest the other day also got a new gear knob from the newer s3

IMGP0404.jpg

first i had to cut the hole

IMGP0403.jpg

IMGP0405.jpg

then fit the bottom bracket
IMGP0408.jpg

IMGP0414.jpg

then i took apart my old gear knob base as its a different size and swapped it over with the new

IMGP0409.jpg

IMGP0411.jpg

IMGP0412.jpg

all fitted and very happy with both the armrest makes it very comfortable like an arm chair at home so good for long journeys and love the gear knob looks so much better :)

IMGP0416.jpg

IMGP0418.jpg

IMGP0419.jpg

IMGP0421.jpg

Just a heads up mate, the rear bushes youve got for the tie arms are the old style that seize up and cause the tie arms to crack etc.

Yup, i bought the same kit as you mate and got the same bushes, heres the link to the new bushes:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/167100-audi-s3-8l-rear-axle-bushes.html

Ive just been and bought the uprated ones and with 10% discount it still cost me £46 but im planning on keeping the car for life so rather change the bushes and forget, i was going to use the new ones in the kit like yours but thought itll always be at the back of my mind that their not right.

£46 for 4?

i had no idea about these.
i mean i know they are rose bushed, and mine are ok, but i had no idea that rubber bushes were available.
i wonder why a poly manufacturer hasnt made them yet

Yup thats for 4 mate.Tbh im not sure as theirs clearly a market for them, need to get mine fitted the. Finally get the 4 wa.

got a few things through the post this morning, polo rear wiper, tt pedals and now have everything i need to fit my FMIC just need to order the intercooler. Fitted the wiper looks alot better :) still waiting for my aero wipers for the fronts managed to find a pair for £50 second hand off the bay better then paying £110 from VW

IMGP0424.jpg

IMGP0426.jpg

pedals
IMGP0422.jpg

IMGP0423.jpg

Very nice, now you just need a golf rear wiper motor like me so the wiper sits on the right instead of the left?

also whos the mincer in the window reflection? :) haha.

Very nice, now you just need a golf rear wiper motor like me so the wiper sits on the right instead of the left?

also whos the mincer in the window reflection? :) haha.

Not more mods lol
You fu**er thats me after a night shift of over time to pay for all these mods lol that photo makes me look mashed, not Halloween yet is it :)

Christ mate, if you look like that now whats your outfit going to look like haha.

Yup, i bought the same kit as you mate and got the same bushes, heres the link to the new bushes:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/167100-audi-s3-8l-rear-axle-bushes.html

Ive just been and bought the uprated ones and with 10% discount it still cost me £46 but im planning on keeping the car for life so rather change the bushes and forget, i was going to use the new ones in the kit like yours but thought itll always be at the back of my mind that their not right.

i just got in contact with seller and told him that the bushes were wrong and still the ones that seize and I got this back

"Hello This is the genuine Audi Recall kit that was supplied by Volkswagen Audi UK to fix the problem of snapping arms and Seizing bushes etc so this is as Described Correct totally , we have sold over 200 kits without any problems at all and purchased them from Audi UK . The kit has been supplied correctly . Please Package the complete kit and deliver it back to our address by recorded delivery or by a courier with tracking details , as we supplied it to you so we get everything back and we will give you a full refund of purchase price of the part only if you are not satisfied with the item we have supplied you . Thank You ."

he was no help at all I wanted to send just the bushes back for a part refund but he ain't having it, the cost I got this kit for and the money it's going to cost to send the kit back I might as well keep it and buy the other bushes like you did Dani

dre, the bushes you have in that kit, whilst still being the older type rose joint, are brand new, im fairly confident in saying if you fit them, they arent going to seize on you. seeing as your current ones havn't after 10 years.
i wouldnt fuss over it. its a good kit, and a good price.

As karl said mate the bushes should be fine, im just ocd with stuff like this and im planning on keeping my s3 for good and will eventually reside it to a dedicated track car so im just future proofing it or id have just kept the bushes that came in the kit.

its our call pal, the new ones should be fine for years to come but i just didnt want to risk it when they are known to fail.

dre, the bushes you have in that kit, whilst still being the older type rose joint, are brand new, im fairly confident in saying if you fit them, they arent going to seize on you. seeing as your current ones havn't after 10 years.
i wouldnt fuss over it. its a good kit, and a good price.

yeah good point mate might as well fit them and if I get another 10 years then all good :)

manage to get some chrome mirrors of a pre facelift s3 he wanted to sell these with the doors for £50 pick up only i was going to mission and pick these up but i managed to get him to take them off the doors and send them to me for £50 Bargin :) ok there not mint and have some marks and stuff they are fully working, thats my bargin of the year

IMGP0454.jpg

IMGP0455.jpg

IMGP0456.jpg

IMGP0457.jpg

IMGP0458.jpg

IMGP0459.jpg

IMGP0460.jpg

also got some S3 badges and put them on to my mats and got myself a storage bag for the boot to keep jump leads etc

IMGP0462.jpg

IMGP0463.jpg

IMGP0464.jpg

IMGP0465.jpg

IMGP0467.jpg

IMGP0468.jpg

IMGP0461.jpg

gonna fit my pedals tomo and thinking in taking on the 3" DP soon

just got my Areo wipers through the post and just fitted them loos alot better now also got myself a nice quality washer bottle cap

IMGP0469.jpg

IMGP0470.jpg

IMGP0471.jpg

IMGP0340.jpg

IMGP0338.jpg

Oow i likey the washer cap, weres it from dude?

£50 for aero wipers can get them alot cheaper else where and do the same thing crazy man

Youre defo keeping busy with the car mate, its looking spot on.:thumbsup:

Any plans for any audio upgrades mate? (Like a Andy Mac Stealth sub possibly :whistle2:)