weird esp/tc lights issue

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys. was driving along with my esp and tc turned on and was conering a bit quick and the esp kicked in. then afyer i noticed that the esp and tc light were now on and i couldnt turn them off. does this normally happen or is there a possible ussue. i restarted the car and it hasnt been on since. any help would be good thanks. daz

This has happened to me before....I think the car throws its toys out the pram. Restarting the car sorted it out and it's not happened since.

Happened to me too. I've seen it happen on a mk5 golf too. Restarted the car just set it back to normal. Check it for faults just incase!

I had it and it was either the longitudinal or lateral acceleration sensor playing up. Best scan it to find out exactly what.
Unfortunately neither of these are cheap - over £100 & dealer only - but it is a DIY job to fit (either behind the steering column or glovebox depending upon model year).

Well they havent been back on but i know only too well about the longitudinal sensor. my last s3 had a light up with this. took 3 different garages and 3 different sensors to find out it wasnt plugged in all the way. lol

Mine will occasionally kick the TC on when cornering moderatly in the dry. I really don't understand it. Also, the ESP light comes on and stays on after a long motorway drive. Restarting clears it. Annoying but not the end of the world. Plus, I prefer it off, saves it kicking on for no reason.