Sports cat vs De-cat

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Irrelevant of MOT legalities, which will see the best improvements?

I got a decat in mine and downpipe from toyosport best mod I ever fitted I still have the sports cat in the shed but decat all the way mate !

On an S3 changing to a 3" DP is the better option...

Then chose a decat or sports cat... subjective performance gains though between the two so a sports cat in a 3" DP will give the best gains/legality balance...

<tuffty/>

On an S3 changing to a 3" DP is the better option...

Then chose a decat or sports cat... subjective performance gains though between the two so a sports cat in a 3" DP will give the best gains/legality balance...

<tuffty/>

agree entirely. cat and cat back...subjective at best.

Sport cat will at least get you through an mot.

Cheers guys. I'm looking at a 3'' XS downpipe, 120 cell sports cat and resonated miltek cat back.

I would also assume de-cat due to no restrictions.

Anyone know what diameter the Miltek systems are and if there are any power restrictions for resonated as aposed to non resonated. I'm lead to believe its just noise reduction.

Milltek are 2.75"...

I have a Milltek back box and a resonated custom 3" system so comparatively it is a non issue... main difference is resonated is a little quieter... Milltek systems aren't loud but do sound nice..

<tuffty/>

May I ask why you opted to go for a custom system as aposed to off the shelf like Miltek? Curious.

What diameter are the standard systems on the S3? What are the main restrictions?

May I ask why you opted to go for a custom system as aposed to off the shelf like Miltek? Curious.

What diameter are the standard systems on the S3? What are the main restrictions?

Opted for a 3" custom as I have a GT30 turbo and over 380hp... did have a straight through back box but it was too loud so swapped for the S3 Milltek one...

Std S3 system is 2.5" and is squashed in places... std DP is main restriction on the S3...

<tuffty/>

I see.

So the 3'' DP going down to 2.75'' Miltek wont really cause any issues such as a step, thus reducing overall power?