quick fmic question...

A3tell

Reaction score
hi all.
i finally got to fit my cooler at the weekend, (what a job that was!!) lol i think it looks good, but when i posted some pictures on fb, i had a couple of ****** saying y have you put such a big one on then covered it with the bumper!!! i tried to explain that its all part of the VAG modding scene and its big for a good reason, but they just kept saying that surely it must not get good airflow when some of it is covered by the bumper.
is there anything to what they are saying?? or are they just not clued up on us VAG monsters?? lol
am i worrying for nothing?? cheers guys!

tell them to **** off

Just look at the Wellycooler and how effecient it is at what it does and how much of it is behind the bumper and how much sits in the bumper mouth. Theres your answer :)

Obviously it would work better if you could get the whole surface area of the FMIC to see air but its not a major headache...

Some 'scenes' is all about having the FMIC on display like a grinning cheshire cat but Audi's are subtle (IMO) and so the cleaner hidden look is acceptable (again IMO)

Personal preference tbh, if building a track car or something you are gonna use for some form of motor sport then yeah, get as much air as poss to it but for the most part it will still work well... sod um :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

cheers guys!!! one of them actually just suggested that i cut a row of holes in the bumper to let more air in!!! i was like WHAT... lol
you dont need to do that for your radiator to cool do you and all of that sits behind the bumper!!! clueless **** lol

Bills race car has holes in the bumper and I think Prawn is planning similar... personal taste and subjective use...

<tuffty/>

aw don't do that it looks **** lol this lad that lives near me has done it on his Ibiza and its gay, keep it hidden then people don't start going, or mate you got turbo you ! you go fast, borp tisshhh ! (said in the best chav voice in the world)

They are just jealous mate that u got a sweet motor leave it stock looking like mine and let them eat ur dust !!

Reactions: A3tell