AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    5th Gear

Status

S3 Upper Engine Mounts - Uprated or Stock Replacement

Any recommendation for pre-facelift 1.8T S3?

I'm eyeing up Awesome GTI's uprated ones at the minute for £155.00

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I have THS mounts... they are ok but getting tired I think... they are still better than the OEM ones I had but then they were new...

Vibratechnics would be my choice next time around...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    What make are the awesome ones?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

6th Gear

Status
    I've been seriously looking and reading around about mounts recently and I think I will certinally be spending the extra to go to vibratecnics
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Thanks Tuffty. Ordered and paid for from awesome. Glad to hear that someone is running them. They are the ones that i have just bought for £155. 50% reduction in engine movement apparently and is much needed.

It would seem that my engine has literally been having a disco under the bonnet and almost worn through pipework since my clutch/hybrid went in. I'm amazed that few have uprated to these essentially parts already when running more power.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

5th Gear

Status
    THS Dani. just ordered mine.

5th Gear

Status
    btw...great link and post. many thanks.

take the standard and x10...you'll have an idea of what my engine was doing this morning on idle!

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    A very cheap options is to fill the gaps in the mounts with Tiger seal

You can't move the engine at all now but with how big my turbo is my mounts need to be stiff

I only did it when testing the room with the turbo as i was going to get some new ones but these have held up well so far
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Down under

Status
    Has anyone tried VF Engineering mounts? The whole set (inc. dog bone) is around $500 so not cheap but supposedly they are good?

VF Engineering Volkswagen Mk4 Engine Mounts
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I think they are quite hard so would vibrate a lot through the car but poly bushes (from what I have read at least) are not as good in the engine bay as rubber ones...

FAQs - Vibra-Technics Compliance Technology

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    These mounts are great - Motor Mount Set, Density Line, Mk4 VW 1.8t - 034 MOTORSPORT

My friend and I use the mk4 vr mounts on the r32 and the difference is massive, we have no movement and coupled with the track density top mounts and subframe bushes the whole front end is tight and very flat through the corners.

Down under

Status
    Those vibra technics ones are mad money!!

034 seem a little better priced. I'm in the market for some new ones but the dude in Aus reckons VF Engineering are the go. He can get them discounted at $500 for a set inc. the dogbone. The Vibra Technics ones are more than that for just the top two !
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Down under

Status
    Those THS ones look even better value. Might have to order a set of them!

Black '03 S3

Status
    anyone know how long the THS mount would last till they need replacing? i have had then for almost 2 years now(about 20.000klm's) and it seems that they need to be changed again, because i have alot of engine movement, and tbh when i first installed them i didnt notice a huge difference from oem, just a little bit stiffer.my car is only mapped..

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>

Black '03 S3

Status
    I have the same issue mate... my THS ones are feeling a little loose.... I am gonna have a look at them in a couple of weeks when I have some time off work and might Sikoflex the voids to tighten them back up a bit... will be saving for Vibratechnic ones in the meantime as I am not getting another set of THS for my setup....

<tuffty/>
    i was wondering how i could stiffen them back up abit, could you maybe pm me any tips?
    the Vibratechic ones seem good but i thing they are an overkill for a road car..

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I'll find out what type of Sikalflex it is... I think its the 221 stuff here...
    Sikaflex 221 Adhesive & Sealant 300ml

I can't find a pic of a mount to show you but will be posting pics obviously if and when I do it myself....

<tuffty/>

Black '03 S3

Status
    ok tuffty, thanks mate..

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Ok... spoke to Bill and he uses Tiger Seal so grabbed a tube from ebay...

Black Tiger Seal Tigerseal PU Adhesive Sealer Sealant | eBay

<tuffty/>