stripping out the audi

deeman88

Watch this space...
Reaction score
Just thought i take advantage of this weather and start striping out my A3. Going to start with the backseats as i heard they do weigh about 20 or 25kg.

Id take it all out and remove the carpet. Gotta weigh a fair amount. Then just put front seats and console bk in

Reactions: deeman88
noooooooooooooooooooooo keep it stock unless of course it is for track...

6 months tops i give u before putting it back in :bye:

Reactions: deeman88
From what I can gather, it may fail the new style MOT if your remove the back seats, something to do with the seatbelts, but not 100% sure. Also your insurance may be void.

I stripped an old saab out once, insurance said i wasnt covered...also got more damp etc in the car

Loool. U thought bout alk that including the new mot regs but as we speak i have no use for them and yea in few months i might feel to put them back but they will b in the garage if anything. I can always get a rental car with backseats if things get tough ;)

lol ur sundays are different to mine chap my backseats see a bit of take away bag actiion (That is not a metaphor for male prostitute) mainly chinese

Lol, noooo dont b concerned. Im doing my bit for the world to carry on spinning

Lool. Dont invite him to any sunday meets... incase he has a cheeky beer and changes his preferances lol

lmao i see what u have done there

funnily enough to get this from a chinese on asunday night anytime after 10 you just order a 69 with a dim sum

Lool. Thats not on the menu i got here... but sundays coming up, gonna have to try that secret menu mate

Loving the male bonding haha!! Sick puppies!! Where's the orgy anyway!! Haha

Sod the seats, bend them over the bonnet, just take a jacket if its cold :)

Lol... the weathers not that bad for a few months now so the bonnets not a bad alternative

Just make sure you wax the bonnet to avoid soiling :) haha.

All the stuff taken out. including that tiny 16" wheel...

IMG_20120329_180809.jpg

The result: some sexy lightness and no room for that Sunday Night Chinese order ;)

IMG_20120329_232015.jpg

From what I can gather, it may fail the new style MOT if your remove the back seats, something to do with the seatbelts, but not 100% sure.

I had this with my old Ibiza a few years ago. I kept the standard passenger seat in the car alongside a bucket/harness for the driver, but I often used to take the passenger seat out leaving it as a single seater. One MOT time they got picky because the passenger seat belt was in situ, but there was no clip as it comes out with the seat as it's on the runners.

They gave me 2 options - they would cut the belt out (no!!!), or I had to turn up and put the passenger seat back in. I did the latter but was cursing...

I've had Ibiza and Cordoba both insured for many years, both are well stripped. Although they are both trackday toys - I can't really see the point of doing it to a daily driver TBH.

I get what you mean about being a daily driver, but half the time its just me and one other person, so at the moment its a trial sorta thing and no1 is getting hurt by it!

@Deeman 88 - I persoanlly think it would look nice with some black matting in the back..... (track like) but the rear seats also look nice haha :) its up to you though buddy, good luck ;-) Cheers

Doesnt it make your rear end twitchy at high speedsk when I took out my rear seats I didn't wanna push it too hare incase it went all tail happy on me

Thanks ChaddyA3, the seats do look good but its a summertime thing and hopefully i will love it. Bottomline i wanted something dramatic and drastic change to the car!

Doesnt it make your rear end twitchy at high speedsk when I took out my rear seats I didn't wanna push it too hare incase it went all tail happy on me

I havent tried the high speed test yet, gonna wait til my mate lets me borrow his private piece of road!!

@Deeman88 - Im not sure if they make it but a rear shock brase running across the back would look good IMO if you going to be taking the rears out :) would look like a real tracker ;-) Cheers

:beerchug:
Im looking at that also but still a few questions to ask before i go down that route, where it gies, can it be used at the same time as seats, because if i recall the mk3 golf you could. And although it looks good it does little for handling so thats why its slightly lower on the list to tune

True and im sure if you ask prawn or tunfty they would be able to answer your question :) Cheers bud