Strange noise ?.. :/

JonBoi25

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive noticed a strange noise whilst driving and cant put my finger on what it is. It sounds like a wheel bearing sort of drone but it isnt influenced by turning or sudden changes with the steering. Its intermittent and seems to only be at around 55mph whilst just entering boost on my turbo boost guage :/ its an odd one and something im confused over.
if i ease off the speed and pedal it quietens the noise till it dissappears.
So basically its heard when doing a steady speed usually 55ish sometimes 30ish and appears to be related to pedal position too.

Any ideas will be appreciated , cheers :)

How worn are your tyres? I had this a year ago and it drove me nuts, new tyres solved it, the old ones were well worn and making the noise.

Hope this helps, noises are a swine to track down

Nige

Thanks for your posts guys,

Just put four new tyres on it and the noise seems to be from the front.

Jon

Bump.. Could the noise be anything to do with the recirc valve ? i had a fault code a while back hinting it was playing up, could this failing make an intermittent noise ? ,
Cheers, Jon

For those of you that responded to this originally I found a small split in my intake pipe which when I replaced the item for a nice new silicone one it stopped this noise yay! My car runs like new again :)

JonBoi Im also having this problem and posted but couldn't get any definitive advise, your find sounds like its right on the money, and come to think of it the sound seems to come from behind passenger side of dash which is where this b****rd TIP lies. Will be giving this a look see when I get the car back from body shop next week thanks for this.