help with reading my ecu with vag-com

John Spooner

Reaction score
im after a remap and iv installed vag-com so was wondering if there was any way i could tell if the ecu is remap-able using vag com? if there is could anyone tell me how i could find out please, thanks

VCDS will tell you the ECU number when you go to the engine module.... that will enable the numerous tuners that have already sorta answered your question to confirm for sure..

<tuffty/>

apparently my a3 1.8t with the highest mass air flow readin at 110.14 in 3rd gear near 6000 rpm is 137.6 bhp:crying: not happy!!

just log blocks 025 and come back to me with the reading and ecu number an i will tell you if its mapped or not.

You dont have blocks 115 on your ecu.

just log blocks 025 and come back to me with the reading and ecu number an i will tell you if its mapped or not.

i know its not remapped im just trying to figure out a way if i can read the ecu to see if i cam remap it through OBD2 or chip it

also would i have to red line it through 3rd gear like it did with the bhp output mas air flow reading??? is 137.6 about right for 155k 1.8t?

ah sorry, your air flow was 110 g/s. ok, got mixed up with the numbers. Yours is a 150 bhp model is it?

yea its ment to be or 148 bhp according to wikipedia, the figures from vagcom say 110.14 at 5760 rpm in 3rd gear! maybe il try it again and then a 4th gear run to compare the difference but then again it has 155k on the clock, iv heard these engines dont really lose power tho?