Is there a straight swap silicone TIP for the APY engine?

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been searching for ages, for a silicone TIP for my APY engined S3. It has SAI (But I plan on removing this soon) and it does not have ESP.

The standard TIP is the double bend type... It comes off the turbo, bends up, then bends towards the front of the car, before making it's way up to the MAF/airbox.

Bill at Badger5 has said he can do me a kind of conversion kit for his bespoke TIP, but I'm not confident enough to fit it and get it right and Bill's workshop is too far away for me to travel to... and I just plain wouldn't trust anyone else to fit it without me watching like a hawk lol

Now I am not slating Bill in the slightest, but what he's told me about his conversion type thing is very confusing to me and I know he's a busy man so I don't want to bombard him with emails from a simpleton like me!.. So can anyone shed any light on either A, if there is a TIP designed purely for the APY with SAI and no ESP, Or B, if anyone with an APY has succesfully fitted a Badger5 TIP to the afore mentioned engine?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Bill's will fit mate... Dani has one on his APY/non ESP

The main difference IIRC usi that the N75 comes out the other side and the DV is in a slightly different position

It should be obvious once on where it all goes... maybe Dani will post up what he did to help...

<tuffty/>

I got the non ESP tip from bill and it is easy to fit the only hard bit I had was getting to the hose clip at the turbo

Benijman46, if you don't mind paying the premium for the Badger5 3" TIP, then drive over to his and get one fitted asap!

I'm 100% confident it will fit, because I had my one fitted there to my early 99' non ESP APY and gained approx. 20 horses in the process! I had been looking for a silicon pipe for ages for my car, even purchased an AMK one and some expensive hose part for an AMK engine to get everything to line up which I never got round to using!

Yup i have, i was one of the first people to fit one :), im now sportig a b5 v2 tip, massive upgrade to m old sfs one. If you. Eed a hand pm me ill guide you throught what you need.

Bill at Badger5 has said he can do me a kind of conversion kit for his bespoke TIP, but I'm not confident enough to fit it and get it right and Bill's workshop is too far away for me to travel to... and I just plain wouldn't trust anyone else to fit it without me watching like a hawk lol

;)