Audi S3 centre cap help.

jacks3

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just in the middle of having my Genuine 18" TTRS wheels refurbished in Sikkens Argentum but my original centre caps is in a mess part number 8D0 601 165 K. I am wondering if the centre caps in picture 3 will fit they have a part number of 8N0 601 165 A. i tired having my original centre caps bead blasted but they were in such bad condition they are really unusable.

southholland20120318000.jpg

By jacks3 at 2012-03-27

img3822up.jpg

By jacks3 at 2012-03-27

centrecap.jpg

By jacks3 at 2012-03-27

I think i have seen a a few cars with these centre caps on.

Hope some one can help or show me there's.

Many Thanks

Jacks3

Hi mate, they won't fit no. Not 100%

I know this because I've tried them on my own wheels ;) they fit in the whole, but sit on the p*ss and look totally rubbish.

The very cheapest 100% genuine 165Ks I've found are from German Auto Parts Direct;

Genuine RS4 / S-Line hub cap Products German Auto Parts Directs

They are still quite expensive, but I've recently bought 4 and they transform the wheels. They look very nice on refurbished wheels.

Hope this helps
Ben

Thanks for you help Ben.

It is very annoying but looks like I will have to save some money and treat the S3 the originals again.

how long have you had yours for and have you had any problems with them?

Thanks

JackS3

No worries matey :)

I've only had the new centres about 2 weeks... By problems, what exactly do you mean?

They fit the wheels perfectly because they are both genuine Audi, although when the centres came one of the clips had come off... But it just pops back on, it's not damaged.

Ben