Back to R-Tech today!! Then Ace Cafe straight from there!!

Customboy

Reaction score
Well everyone I'm just getting ready now to shoot 150 miles to rtech to tweak my stage two remap and up the boost as I'm only running 14 psi but hopefully things go well then will be shooting straight to ace cafe from there to meet all you guys so wish me luck for a long day and those who are coming to ace cafe I look forward to meeting you all, I will be the big Indian guy looking exhausted!!

Hope it goes well today fella, looking forward to seeing how much more they can get out of ur car,

hi m8, thought you was due there on 22nd???
anyway hope it all goes well...... give me a pm when its done, want to see what you made!! :)
finally fitted my fmic yesterday!!!! all in all, took us around 7 ish hours to do, core was ****** hugh!!! lol
i dont seem to av lost much psi, was kind of expecting to loose like 3-4psi with the size but looks like it doesnt make it to peak anymore (19) but can usually make 16-17 still, which is what it ran before, but i have noticed that the boost doesnt seem quite as aggressive!!
did you notice any difference when you fitted yours???

A3tell when I fitted my Intercooler didn't really lose any power just got more torque and pulled so much better, markeyboy I'm also looking forward to see what nick can do I'm just sitting outside rtech now waiting for everyone to arrive! Prawn mate will be a pleasure meeting u and getting some tips off ya lol

So is it screaming away on the rollers yet?
I found that very un-nerving seeing mine run to the limiter, then the puff of blue smoke nearly made me cry lol,

Was really hoping to get to the ace cafe tonight to meet ya but iv got to work thus evening. =(

It's on the rollers now mate still get nervous seeing it being pushed hard oh well all in the pursuit of boost lol sorry ur not making it tonight would of been good meeting up mate who knows u can still try and make it lol !

Not blue really mate been running pretty good at the momment but still hits a nerve when seeing it pushed on on the rollers!!

I was going to mention the thread title all in capitals, but someone already editted it to Lower case :p

caps are shouting. You sounded angry.

Hope it's going well! 229bhp/264lbft is my guess!

I was going to mention the thread title all in capitals, but someone already editted it to Lower case :p

caps are shouting. You sounded angry.

Hope it's going well! 229bhp/264lbft is my guess!

That was me... its one of my pet hates :D

I do that to any I find tbh :thumbsup:

<tuffty/>

Avoid m1 today guys. ****** closed fighting the A5 to get to Ace cafe!!

Dude, you're 4 hours early! and it'll only take you 2 hours tops to get down to Ace!

How did the car get on? Don't keep us guessing!

Yes Kev, although, you must remember that peak figure isn't likley to change a huge deal due to the way the ko3S delivers it. You could be making 221bhp at 14psi across the range, or 221bhp peak at 14psi at the top end, with the turbo spiking 21psi in the midrange an an extra 60lbft of torque.

a ko3S will struggle to hold 14psi at the top end, usually more like 12 or so typically.

Well the traffic is that bad today guys thought I rather get there and sleep I'm totally knackerd and my results for today will be told to those at ace cafe!!

Haha nah I'm not that cruel!!

Righty I'm now running 221bhp with 250ftlb torque and car feels so alive and rapid boost is about 1.4-1.5 bar but speaking to nick about more power he said its just best to go the k04 turbo route and do I will start saving for this now but will enjoy my new leash of power for the momment so I'm over the moon!!

Yeh, i know my hybrid will hold more than 1bar to the redline, but i'll be dialling in ~1bar flat throughout the rev range, so its a fair approximation of what mine will make, hence the question.

I'd have liked 230 (as that would be a nice round 50hp increase) but i suspect i'll be struggling to make that on the standard intercooler and exhaust.

Hey buddy, great work :) Jelous much!!! Will a Ko3s Turbo break at +-1.2 - 1.5Bar? just asking.........I mean would it suffer? (Sorry for the hack Customboy,just know you helpful :)) Cheers

I'd have liked 230 (as that would be a nice round 50hp increase) but i suspect i'll be struggling to make that on the standard intercooler and exhaust.

I don't see that being a huge issue kev, my daily made 224 at Bills on a ko3S, with the standard SMIC and standard catback, just a downpipe. that was on an Rtech stage 1 map. Your hybrid on a custom tune should see 230 easily I'd think.

At ace cafe now getting car cleaned then some sleep whoever turns up wake me please!!

If a ko4 hybrid is the future, why are you only getting a ko3 hybrid ;) it'd save your downpipe issues for sure!

muhahahahaha.

Bobby: Are you at Rainbow carwash next to Ace? can you ask when they shut please?

Wicked :)

Next question, how much for an inside and outside wash? haha. I'll be there before half 6 I'd think, so I'll have them wash it.

They got me a little confused they charge £5 for outside and windows only outside they charge I think £10 for windows as well but inside mines clean outside was a mess from fighting the m1 and a5!!

Busy day for you then dude, i really want to go to an asn ace meet :( got work tomoz or else id of been on my way today :cry

How about some pics to show all us foreigners what you lot get upto;)

Haha was a great day mate, I ****** got lost thought it was the second turning off showed how exhausted I was !! Yeah need to sort that ****** rear led driving me mad!!