Brake Lights Grief

Agreed, but as ever the seduction of money/revenue generation is oh so compelling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Wow at this rate I am going to be rich !!!

Who is next for a GPS device ?? Laser jammer anyone ??

Hi there,

I'm hoping that there is a quick and easy solution to this problem that those of you with a more technical mind than me can help me out with.

The brake lights on my S3 aren't working. I assumed it was the fuse, but alas not as I changed that and unfortunately they're still not working.

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's something easy that I can do myself rather than having to hand over a wedge to the local dealers to fix, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Billy M

i`m assuming the brake light switch operates from the pedal, disconnect the 2 wires and join together using a split pin or similar, if the brake lights come on you need a new switch!
hth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Checked the switch?

faulty switches can be the cause of brake light failures - Im not 100% sure how the brake light is activated but it will most likley be in the form of a switch that the brake peddle activates.

Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated.

I'll have a nose around there tomorrow and see if it's easily accessible. Don't want to do more harm than good though, so it may have to be taken to the garage by the sound of it.

Thanks again,
Cheers

Billy M