Chris NottBadger5
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Audi r8

  1. #1
    liquids3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    933

    Audi r8

    Im getting older,another year gone,birthday.got a lovely prezzi of the miss's though,audi r8 driving experiance,anyone else been on one of these days?,can't wait.Ive drove a skyline gtr R35 before,lovely car, but now time for a real car! : - )

    Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

    Its never finished!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    danger S3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    354
    I got one of them for my Birthday too, I'm driving it in June

  4. #3
    Customboy's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    836
    You will love it mate I drove one and man did it make me smile but loved getting in my Audi afterwards and still thinking it was faster!

    YeH right!

    Have a great time buddy!
    p

    THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

  5. #4
    liquids3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    933
    I can't wait,i want to do some track day this year anyway good start,might take mine round castle combe (spring action day),and also looking at drifting,or going half's on a drift car!

    Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

    Its never finished!

  6. #5
    Big_Dave's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    68
    Not driven on a track with one but I've had R8's from work for the weekend a few times and they are awesome. I'm guessing it going to be a lot of fun on a track!

  7. #6
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    397
    I've got one next month, I have 3 cars, Nissan gtr Lamborghini gallardo and an Audi R8

  8. #7
    superkarl's Avatar
    MAN OF STEEL

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool/Southport. N west
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by liquids3 View Post
    Im getting older,another year gone,birthday.got a lovely prezzi of the miss's though,audi r8 driving experiance,anyone else been on one of these days?,can't wait.Ive drove a skyline gtr R35 before,lovely car, but now time for a real car! : - )
    R35 gtr's are as 'real car' as it gets!

  9. #8
    fingermouse's Avatar
    thats me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,762
    Drove the R8 at York was spot on just the track isn`t that good there ( old air strip) but I skinned a Prancing Horse
    red to red black to black blue to bits

  10. #9
    liquids3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    R35 gtr's are as 'real car' as it gets!
    I was waiting for that!,lol yes it is amazing and a real drivers car,amazing tech,if i had the money for every day use and looks i would buy an r8 though,one thing i dnt like with the skline though is the front seats,looks like something from halfords.

    Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

    Its never finished!

  11. #10
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    732

    My Social Networking

    Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    Drove the R8 at York was spot on just the track isn`t that good there ( old air strip) but I skinned a Prancing Horse
    i drove the lambo there, wasn't impressed with the track so much, was definitely impressed with the car though! if only i had the money casually laying around...

  12. #11
    danger S3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    i drove the lambo there, wasn't impressed with the track so much, was definitely impressed with the car though! if only i had the money casually laying around...
    i wanted to drive the lambo but alas they're designed for midgets :-( max height for the lambo is 6'2" and im 6'4" so im going for the R8 thats designed for more vertically superior people

  13. #12
    Chugger

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    2,716
    Do they just give you the keys and you drive off? :P or are you always accompanied???
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

  14. #13
    liquids3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    Do they just give you the keys and you drive off? :P or are you always accompanied???
    I think the instructor drives around showing you braking points,apex's ect,then you do 6 8 laps and they show you where your racing line braking might be going wrong,next birthday il tel the miss's to rent me an r8 for the weekend only around a grand lol pfff

    Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

    Its never finished!

  15. #14
    Jimgrim77's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Clevedon, Near Bristol
    Posts
    957
    It's normally 1 lap warm up and then 2 laps full beans and always with instructor.

    If you get a chance. Pay to go in the v8 atom with then on site stig. Simply the best driving experience of my life. I had Ben Collins driving me last summer, before the top gear furor kicked off, and he's one hell of a driver. The best I have been driven by at any rate.

    We were side on 50 meters before each corner and just sliding around at what seemed like full speed, i have never felt g-force like it outside of nemesis at alton towers. He absolutely hammered it past Nissan skyline Gtrs, r8 and gallardo's like they didn't deserve to be on the same track. After the experience, I could see why.

    Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

  16. #15
    liquids3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimgrim77 View Post
    It's normally 1 lap warm up and then 2 laps full beans and always with instructor.

    If you get a chance. Pay to go in the v8 atom with then on site stig. Simply the best driving experience of my life. I had Ben Collins driving me last summer, before the top gear furor kicked off, and he's one hell of a driver. The best I have been driven by at any rate.

    We were side on 50 meters before each corner and just sliding around at what seemed like full speed, i have never felt g-force like it outside of nemesis at alton towers. He absolutely hammered it past Nissan skyline Gtrs, r8 and gallardo's like they didn't deserve to be on the same track. After the experience, I could see why.
    I met the original black stig (Perry mcCarthy),at knockhill,i won a prize at my old work,he took me around in a seat leon cupra r,and yes they are in a different league,i still think the best driver control wise,i have ever seen is tiff needell,he must be the new stig!Such car control

    Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

    Its never finished!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO