Chris NottBadger5

Thread: Audi r8

5th Gear

Status

Audi r8

Im getting older,another year gone,birthday.got a lovely prezzi of the miss's though,audi r8 driving experiance,anyone else been on one of these days?,can't wait.Ive drove a skyline gtr R35 before,lovely car, but now time for a real car! : - )

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I got one of them for my Birthday too, I'm driving it in June

4th Gear

Status
    You will love it mate I drove one and man did it make me smile but loved getting in my Audi afterwards and still thinking it was faster!

YeH right!

Have a great time buddy!
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

5th Gear

Status
    I can't wait,i want to do some track day this year anyway good start,might take mine round castle combe (spring action day),and also looking at drifting,or going half's on a drift car!

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

Neutral

Status
    Not driven on a track with one but I've had R8's from work for the weekend a few times and they are awesome. I'm guessing it going to be a lot of fun on a track!

2nd Gear

Status
    I've got one next month, I have 3 cars, Nissan gtr Lamborghini gallardo and an Audi R8

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by liquids3 View Post
    Im getting older,another year gone,birthday.got a lovely prezzi of the miss's though,audi r8 driving experiance,anyone else been on one of these days?,can't wait.Ive drove a skyline gtr R35 before,lovely car, but now time for a real car! : - )
    R35 gtr's are as 'real car' as it gets!

thats me

Status
    Drove the R8 at York was spot on just the track isn`t that good there ( old air strip) but I skinned a Prancing Horse
    red to red black to black blue to bits

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    R35 gtr's are as 'real car' as it gets!
    I was waiting for that!,lol yes it is amazing and a real drivers car,amazing tech,if i had the money for every day use and looks i would buy an r8 though,one thing i dnt like with the skline though is the front seats,looks like something from halfords.

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    Drove the R8 at York was spot on just the track isn`t that good there ( old air strip) but I skinned a Prancing Horse
    i drove the lambo there, wasn't impressed with the track so much, was definitely impressed with the car though! if only i had the money casually laying around...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    i drove the lambo there, wasn't impressed with the track so much, was definitely impressed with the car though! if only i had the money casually laying around...
    i wanted to drive the lambo but alas they're designed for midgets :-( max height for the lambo is 6'2" and im 6'4" so im going for the R8 thats designed for more vertically superior people

Chugger

Status
    Do they just give you the keys and you drive off? :P or are you always accompanied???
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    Do they just give you the keys and you drive off? :P or are you always accompanied???
    I think the instructor drives around showing you braking points,apex's ect,then you do 6 8 laps and they show you where your racing line braking might be going wrong,next birthday il tel the miss's to rent me an r8 for the weekend only around a grand lol pfff

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!

5th Gear

Status
    It's normally 1 lap warm up and then 2 laps full beans and always with instructor.

If you get a chance. Pay to go in the v8 atom with then on site stig. Simply the best driving experience of my life. I had Ben Collins driving me last summer, before the top gear furor kicked off, and he's one hell of a driver. The best I have been driven by at any rate.

We were side on 50 meters before each corner and just sliding around at what seemed like full speed, i have never felt g-force like it outside of nemesis at alton towers. He absolutely hammered it past Nissan skyline Gtrs, r8 and gallardo's like they didn't deserve to be on the same track. After the experience, I could see why.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimgrim77 View Post
    It's normally 1 lap warm up and then 2 laps full beans and always with instructor.

If you get a chance. Pay to go in the v8 atom with then on site stig. Simply the best driving experience of my life. I had Ben Collins driving me last summer, before the top gear furor kicked off, and he's one hell of a driver. The best I have been driven by at any rate.

We were side on 50 meters before each corner and just sliding around at what seemed like full speed, i have never felt g-force like it outside of nemesis at alton towers. He absolutely hammered it past Nissan skyline Gtrs, r8 and gallardo's like they didn't deserve to be on the same track. After the experience, I could see why.
    I met the original black stig (Perry mcCarthy),at knockhill,i won a prize at my old work,he took me around in a seat leon cupra r,and yes they are in a different league,i still think the best driver control wise,i have ever seen is tiff needell,he must be the new stig!Such car control

Audi S3- 1.8T Quattro
    Liquid Yellow
    Audi R8 Rims

Its never finished!