Block coolant housing.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Need some help guys.

Ive just been and bought the main coolant housing that connects to the block, the one that houses the temp sender. Now after doing some research i thought the part i needed was:

06A 121 132 AP

But it looks like the wrong one for my car, my cars a APY s3 and the coolant housing on mine is slightly different, at the back where theres a large coolant pipe mine goes straight but on the one ive bought it kicks out.

So will the above be ok or do i need to buy the right one? Ive tried looking what the part number is on mine but its unreadable.

Any help would be much appreciated as my old one is shot.

Tough one Danny, the one on my old 98 A3 went straight like yours, but I just changed the one on my 2001 AUM A3 today, and it was the same as the S3 part with the kick out.

Depending on the length of the flexi hose to the heater on your car you might be OK, I know on the A3 heater lines on the daily there's scope to use either, but on the S3 heater lines on the track car you're best off with the right one.

It's a simple enough task to fit, so have a go I guess!

I know mate, i was looking at the slack and tbh there looks enough, the thing is my cars a daily and cant risk removing the old one as it looks shot, its already leaking on all connections so if i remove it i very much doubt itll go back on.

Also did you get my pm mate?

In fact have you got the part number for the one on your old a3 mate?

Assuming you got this from a dealer Dani why didn't you just get them to order the part in? they should ahve all the correct PN's for your car and if they **** it up (which can and does happen) then they have to sort it... if you take it back there may well be a re stock fee...

Dunno about fitting the one you have... do you have pics of both?

<tuffty/>

i did get it from a dealers but a seat one, only dealers within nearly a hour of me, audis scarce round here :(. Ill try and get some pics up. The thing is i ordered the one that welly posted a part number for as him and karl had a debate about it in karls build threa.

If you get me a pic i have all the coolant lines from a 2000 APY S3 in my shed
Its difficult to ID pipes once they've all been removed