New A3/S3 Models

philyus

Reaction score
New to this forum so apologies if this question/comment has been posted b4.

I am now at a point where its time to turn in my s3 and get a new one or so I thought? Can someone please tell me if there will be a new S3 out soon or ever.... Do I really need to buy a 3.2 V6 to come close to my nippy S3? Why have Audi ignored this model and its customers....

Hopefully somebody can enlighten me? Audi can't tell me nothing!

Cheers Phil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

It' very rare that a brand new model gets launched with the top end model ready to go. They normally release then later to revitalise the interest in the model. There have/are discussion at Audi about S3 and/or RS3 variants but there's nothing official yet.

Hi Phil! Welcome to audi-sport...

as far as i know, the S3 will be released in 2005 sometime, will have the 3.2V6 enigne but will produce 280bhp, and 2006 will see the release of teh RS3... a supposed 3.3V6 Bi-turbo monster producing 350bhp.

If i was lucky enough to have my S3 yet, then i wouldn't get rid of it for an A3 cos ii will guarantee u will miss it!

The new A3 3.2 may be about the same performance as an S3, but will drink about half as much petrol again, and have not much potential for tuning (well... not at a reasonable price anyway!!), plus the interior will not be as nice.

Dont get me wrong, i like the new A3, nut it doesnt beat the current S3 in my opinion.

my $0.02 worth!

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks guys..

Why oh why get rid of the cool turbo for a guzzling v6 though. Thought that was for golf to do?? Not sure what to do now!

Phil

How old is the S3? Why not spend some of the cash you would have spent on a new car in doing some work to it, or is it fully modded already ?

S3 is about 2.5 yrs old.

Never thought of getting it "done up" but having now joined this forum and reading up on what you can do I might have to give that option a try. My other idea was to just pack up with AAudi and get a Scooby... Will have a think.

Thanks for the tips though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Yeah, I always liked the Scooby's, but seeing as a chipped S3 is quicker than a standard WRX, plus you get the benefits of the interior quality etc., my plan next year (when my S3 lease runs out) is to buy a 2nd hand one and do a "bit of work".....

Now a classic scooby on the other hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Si

(just read the post on the 2.0TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)