a cheaper alternative to a remap with same results??

trekbiker

Reaction score
Jedi, yansgti et al

The dragon box seems good. The performance increase IS noticable, i thought at first it was psychological. It now makes the steptronicfun to play with, and it performs similar to the much lighter a4 v6 tdi. The book figure say an increase of 30 horses to 210, and an extra 50nm torque. The mpg on a long run has only been improved by anout 4-5%, but any help is better than nowt! I would definitely recommend them to any tdi drivers on the forum and no, i'm not on commission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Very simple to fit, i have full bicycle mechanical knowledge, but none on engines. i fitted it in 5 minutes- fact. it could easily be removed if the car was going into Audi for warranty issues etc. The cost- just under half of what a remap costs
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
anyone in the MK area is welcome ot come and see for themselves if they're currently driving a similar engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi chaps I have a remapped S3 and a Passat TDi with a plug-in tuning box, no doubt the Passat responds well to this mod, lots more torque and lots more smoke! But compared to the S3 with a full remap, it's completely different, you pays your moneys and reap the gains /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Both options have increased performance and improved fuel consumption aswell.

Guys

I would deffo agree that the Remap is the way ahead, but if you know me and the amount i get thru my cars, the digi box is by far the best option. i can simply unplug it then either use it in my next car (if compatible) or sell it on without losing much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif