Goodbye to the s3!

jdas03

Reaction score
After almost 3 years I'm going to have to say goodbye to the s3.

A new job with increased commute meant it had to go for fuel economy and maintenance it required.
Absolutely loved the car and would recommend an s3 to anyone for a total all rounder: fun, fast, refined, respected!
Its being replaced by an abarth 500 which will give me the fun factor and be a lot cheaper to run overall!

Thanks to everyone for their help on here, sure I'll pop by to see all the crazy project and power figures on here!

Thanks again!

do spill, did it go in as a part ex for the abarth or sold yours privately ?

Good luck mate. I'm in a similar position where I'm moving house and will need to commute 100 miles a day. I've spent to much on the S3 to let it go so it'll live in the garage while I abuse a diesel.

I part exchanged against the abarth, got 3k it.
It doesn't sound much but I probably would have only got 4k privately and taken time to sell!
I found the perfect abarth, leather, climate, Ferrari monza exhaust (amazing factory option), xenons.
all set me back 12k on a 60 plate, so I'm happy.
The downside is lack of straight line umph, but it's great fun and I plan to tune!
Sorry to be leaving though wish i could afford to run a new s3 over 70 mile a day commute, but it won't get 45mpg :-(
thanks everyone for their help over the years though, will try get some pics of old and new when I pick the new one up on Saturday!