Screw holding disc to hub

dusty

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what size countersunk screw I need to buy, to replace the screws that hold the discs to the hubs, as both of the rear screws are snapped in the hubs.

Generally are they all the same size for different makes of cars

Try b&q as you they have many differant sizes

Do you need to replace them? Surely once the discs are correctly located on the hub, then the wheel bolts hold them in position? Isn't the screw just there to hold the disc in position while the wheel is off the hub?

I replace mine with Allen countersunk ones although still have a tendency to round off as m6 only use a 4mm Allen key but you can still put more torque through it than a Phillips or pozi drive screw ;)

I haven't over tightened the screws, I replaced the rear pads a few weeks ago and noticed both the heads of the screws were missing sheared off, and yes I am aware the screws are only to locate the disc on the hub, I just wanted to know the thread size and then I can source some from work

Do you need to replace them? Surely once the discs are correctly located on the hub, then the wheel bolts hold them in position? Isn't the screw just there to hold the disc in position while the wheel is off the hub?

Exactly. I havnt got any in my car. Just need a bit of skill to put the wheels on haha