Reprograming a new dashboard

Bignick

Reaction score
Hi all I have recently tried to fix my pixalated screen on my dashboard following various threads, and it did not fix the problem. Next i ordered a new screen off ebay which was £34 free delivery. The advert said it would need to be soldered in by a competant person, so my freind who solders on a regular basis said he would have a go, hours & hours later it lit up but no information was displayed on the screen. next i went to a breakers yard and got another dash which turns out to be more pixalated than my original one, and i cant start the car because the new dash is not programed to my car! apparently it can be sorted by VAG.com but i dont have it. and dont know anyone near Sittingbourne in kent who has one?

Im guessing i could fit my old dash and drive to meet someone, then fit the new dash and programe it to get me back to where i started from. any offers or advice would be appreciated.

Nick

Nick, have a look over on the vcds section of the forum as well. There is a vcds user map in there with members locations, hopefully someone near you. If there is you can pm them and ask them to scan for you. Good luck Nick. :)

For this much pain in the ***, i'll keep the pixels on mine.

Proper harsh nick.

Reactions: deeman88
could read part of mine did try to fix but bottled it at the needles coming of so packed it out heated up stuck it back together worse than before loool can kill owt i can lol butched it ( will buy n have fit a new 1 one day )

Thought i would bite the bullet and speak to Audi. phoned em and asked for a price on replacement consol and he said are you sitting down? £467 + VAT then i would have to pay for fitting so that they could program it to my car! They will not program a part supplied by me because they could not gaurentee it! I dont want a Gaurentee I just want to drive my car!!!!