new engine help?

black s3

Reaction score
the oil pump went on my s3 which has caused bottom end to dry up (im guessing) so im just wondering would a golf gti 150bhp turbo engine lump fit using my gearbox turbo ecu etc so its still running like a s3? if so is it worth doing or to much hastle?

any help would be appreciated

There is a lad up here splitting a s3 as the turbo blew I can give you his number if you want.

the oil pump went on my s3 which has caused bottom end to dry up (im guessing) so im just wondering would a golf gti 150bhp turbo engine lump fit using my gearbox turbo ecu etc so its still running like a s3? if so is it worth doing or to much hastle?

any help would be appreciated
yes the turbo golf blocks will be fine mate...

yeh the only problem is the s3 engines pick up quite alot of money thats why im after a golf 1, and theres a few around dwn here

cheers mate, will it fit in just as easy as the bam lump?

yes you just swap all your gear over to it ...manni turbo and inlet, etc as yours got VVT? if so the head will need changing too, or at least the cams and controller

If the Golf engine is an AUM then it will have 19mm gudgeon pins and not the 20mm pins of the S3... try and get a AGU from a Golf/A3 if you can...

If you have an APY then a BAM engine doesn't have SAI so you will need to do a delete and also change the cam chain tensioner to the non VVT off yours... if yours ia an AMK then the BAM is a straight swap..

You can use more or less any transverse 20v turbo engine and just mix and match the good bits from yours... 150/180 engines run higher compression ratio than S3's but not really an issue... both Welly and I run higher comp pistons with no issues...

<tuffty/>

its the bam engine in mine, do you think its to much work? any rough prices? got a mechanic that will do mates rate