Was having a great day then all went wrong !!

Hammy999

Reaction score
Did the first trackday of the season had a really good morning open pit lane many runs where there was only me out on the track all going really well. Decided I would finish 20 mins early to get some browny points from the other half for mothers day. Heading home just got off the phone with the Misses to say am on my way 2 mins later wobble from the front of the car and bang passages front wheel stripped its bolts and went passed me ( oh crap ) car went 20 foot on the brake disc. Damag: wheel big hole in it scrap, passenger wing dented, calliper and disc wrecked passenger door dented. Needed to wait nearly 2 hours for the AA to come!! The only conserlation it could have happened at 120mph on the track or worse still 130+mph on the way home. Lesson even with only a 3mm spacer you (I) should use longer wheel bolts !! Expensive lesson

We're you using correct type bolts?

Radial for OEM and tapered for aftermarket?

That sounds bad, but car can be fixed. You are a very lucky guy. :)

As you say car can be fixed will find out tommorrow the full extent of the damage. Looks like getting the paint work detailed will have to wait.

There's nothing you can do now it's done!,apart from like you said learn from it!,feel for you though,same happened to my freinds integra,he had his wheels resprayed and after a while of them being on,they came loose,due to the layer of paint between wheel nuts and wheel,if it was clean with no paint on keep it that way!,or if you have had your wheels refurbed recheck them in 30 miles ect.

,he had his wheels resprayed and after a while of them being on,they came loose,due to the layer of paint between wheel if you have had your wheels refurbed recheck them in 30 miles ect.

that is a pearl of wisdom right there and very good advise!
i would not think of that but now that you have explained its black and white! nice one dude!

Count your blessings mate! Glad your ok and well that's the main thing and don't worry the car can be sorted anyday but u only have one life so chin up mate !

Cheers everyone. The paint thing is so true when had the brakes fitted noticed the paint had lifted around the bolt holes so cleaned the holes up. Good advise for anyone with refurbed wheels.