Check dv fault code

Markeyboy

Fan of the R-Tech!
Reaction score
i keep getting this fault code pop up every time i run a scan with vagcom

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

iv checked the system for damaged hoses, cant find any, dv checked out fine (007p)
the car is on a std map, fmic, tip and simplified pcv with catch tank

iv taken some logs of actual and specificied boost, as iv been told this is where a boost leek can be identified

heres my results
supplydemand-1.jpg

supplydemand.jpg

blue is specified, red is actual

does it look like there is a problem?

Last edited:
a little more info.
today i have also looked at block 032 to look at short and long term fuel trims

before resetting the short was +1.3 and long as -7.0

after resetting the short stayed at 0 for 3 mins (at idle) then slowly rose to +2.8 and that was where it stayed the long term stayed at 0

would this suggest that i do have a vac/boost leak?

Could well be a vac leak... a positive figure in short term just on idle suggests the ECU is adding fuel to compensate for unmetered air coming in... under boost etc the long term is taking fuel out as its seeing less air than it thought it had so taking fuel out to compensate...

Check PCV and other pipes under the inlet mani... lots of caked oil is a good indicator of a leak... injector seals is another area to check... again if there is oil around the injectors then it suggests something is leaking past as it shouldn't be oily at all :)

<tuffty/>

cheers tuffy, iv got a simplified pcv system with catch tank, one of the fittings to the tank is not that great so i will start there,
then onto the injectors :beerchug:

cheers tuffy, iv got a simplified pcv system with catch tank, one of the fittings to the tank is not that great so i will start there,
then onto the injectors :beerchug:

Did you block the outlet in the centre of the inlet manifold that used to go to the original PCV system?

<tuffty/>

yea, that now runs my boost gauge

tidied up the catch tank pipes and found found a split brake servo hose, the one up behind the tip.

now to make my second trip to mr audi today, fingers crossed for a cheap part and a really good excuse to use the bike :arco:

luckily harold wood audi had it in stock, which was nice, was only £25 to which was even more of a surprise,

seems to have made it idle alot nicer, will do the fuel trims maby later tonight or in the morning