Having front suspension replaced

doublem_1

Reaction score
I have booked in to have my front suspension replaced in a few days time. I am just trying to make sure I have all the bits. I have the shock absorbers, springs, top mounts, bearings.

Is this everything? I have a feeling something is missing...

Just when I try and picture the bits going together I can't work out what is going to hold the spring under tension. Or does it the top mount get sandwiched between the chassis and the springs?

you mean the upper/top spring cap? the lower cap is part of the shocker. the upper one they'll remove from your excisting strut once its off the car, along with the bumpstops and dust covers to fit with your new bits and bobs.

hows your anti roll bar bushes and links? lower ball joints and wishbone bushes?

top spring plate goes under the top mount itself and is held on by a nut. This holds the spring/ strut combo together. The topmount then goes itno the turret with the plate and another nut to ho;ld it to the car

Ah Ok thanks guys. I have replaced the anti roll bar bushes recently as well as the drop links last MOT. Not sure about the rest. I will get them checked though.