AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    t.d
    Reverse Gear

Status

My Nogaro Blue S3

Bought this in August/September last year with 99k on the clock and service history up to 70k. It needed a bit of work when I got it but things quickly snow balled from there!

When I bought it, it had been remapped and had a miltek cat back fitted (also had dodgy tints+sunstrip but these were first to go)

Here is a snap of the way it was when I picked it up

Then the fun began! The work started straight away and inside the first six weeks it had, an engine rebuild, tb kit, new clutch, some breather hoses, cr engineering hybrid turbo, 440cc injectors, a shallow sump, badger 5 tip, forge diverter valve, intrax coilovers with solid rose jointed top mounts, cruise control and snowtyres fitted.

Then about 2500 miles later I replaced the oil and filter, an inner and outer cv joint, the wishbone bushes, brake light switch, air flow meter, number plates and fitted some H&R spacers, 10mm front and 25mm rear.

At 104k miles I replaced the brakes with new standard discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads and uprated ate brake fluid, got a new drivers door mirror glass, replaced a few more breather hoses, fitted a set of continental sport contact 2 tyres, a short shifter, a new genuine fuel pump and new oil and filter.

With most of the mechanical bits sorted out I turned my attention to the dull looking paint and faded headlights. Got a mate to wet vac the carpets etc too.

Few pics from before during and after

Filthy exhaust tips

Cloudy and faded headlights, so I sanded them down and compounded them back up, I dunno how well it can be seen in the pictures but they came up very well.

Nice shiny exhaust tips

Finished

Then this evening I fitted a Forge FMIC, new plastic tray under the windscreen and I'm waiting for new headlight bulbs to come tomorrow before I refit the headlights and front bumper.

Some pics

Old and new

Bumper off

Everything off

Old and new

Fitted

And a smoke test to make sure I have no leaks before fitting the bumper etc tomorrow

Thanks for reading, I've probably left some stuff out but all c&c's welcome!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Down under

Status
    Looking awesome. Were the headlights easy to do? Thinking about having a bash. What grades did you use? Also, did you just use metal polish on the tailpipes?
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Brum brum

Status
    Nice to see another smart Noggy
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

t.d
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Looking awesome. Were the headlights easy to do? Thinking about having a bash. What grades did you use? Also, did you just use metal polish on the tailpipes?
    Yeah they were pretty easy, I started with 600, then 800 and then 2000. Probably would have been ok with just the 800 and 2000 though. Then I used 3m fast+fine cut compound. It brightened the car up no end.

On the tailpipes I used some scotchbrite and tfr to remove the heavy soiling and then used some autosol. They're not perfect but they're a long way better than they were.

HTH.

@jcs356, Thanks!

Status
    ​Tadhg, that was a really well put together interesting thread. Well done.

Neutral

Status
    Great post. I'm sure it's pretty rapid now

Just out of interest, would you have the part number for the plastic tray under the windscreen? It's something I need to add to my own to-do list. Was it expensive?
    2002 Nogaro blue Audi S3 (BAM)

My intro thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...-s3-owner.html

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Welcome to the site, thats an excellent write up so far, looking forward to more updates....keep up the good work.

Nilz

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by feck_on_a_stick View Post
    Just out of interest, would you have the part number for the plastic tray under the windscreen? It's something I need to add to my own to-do list. Was it expensive?
    I'm one step ahead of you, I have the tray. It's just sat in the garage for nearly 3 years waiting for me to fit it! And my new bonnet is in the same boat.

Anyway part was 8L2 819 415 B0 1C (not sure if you need the last 2 digits), and was £31.39 + vat in May 2009.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

t.d
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    I'm one step ahead of you, I have the tray. It's just sat in the garage for nearly 3 years waiting for me to fit it! And my new bonnet is in the same boat.

Anyway part was 8L2 819 415 B0 1C (not sure if you need the last 2 digits), and was £31.39 + vat in May 2009.
    Thanks, you saved me trawling through an all too thick pile of receipts to find the p/n

The intercooler made a fairly noticeable difference to the power delivery I can't wait to get it mapped and onto a rolling road now

I had it down around west Cork and Kerry during the week, all I can say is thank god for shallow sumps! I'd have burst mine a few times over if it still had the standard one on!!

Here are a few photos from last week.

At Mizen Head

On the Caha pass I think

Torc waterfall

And a random one from a while back

1st Gear

Status
    come on the noggy's !!!
    N88 GGY
    2002 Noggy Blue S3
    With Beige Alcantara and Black Leather
    18 x 8.5 Mercedes Eltanin Alloys, 225/40 18 Tyres, 20 front and 25mm rear PCD Adapters,AP Coilovers,
    Revo Stage 2 Map, Relentless V3 Manifold, 3" Downpipe, Custom Decat, QST Milltek Catback Exhaust, 80mm R-Tech/SFS TIP,
    S2000 Air Filter, Forge FMIC, Forge 008p DV, N249 Delete, Competition Clutches 6 Paddle Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel,

Gti International 2013:- 1/4 mile - 13.52s

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Another sweet nogster!! Crap parking though.... ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    The best colour. Great choice!

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Fan of the R-Tech!

Status
    That's a very tidy motor fella,

Was good to see how well the headlights came out, may be giving that a try myself

1.8T SPORT AUM
    18" TTRS wheels, de-badged grill, tints, TIP, forge 007P, toyo sports oil catch can,
    3" downpipe + decat, Toyosports FMIC, 10mm lowering cups, N249 bypass
    S3 Front Brake Setup, R-Tech stage 1.5 custom remap 218BHP@229FT/LB

Progression Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...8t-thread.html

t.d
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3mad_dude View Post
    Another sweet nogster!! Crap parking though.... ;-)

LOL!

Thanks for the comments everyone, looking forward to getting it mapped and on the rollers.

Going to start driving my other car for the next while though so the s3 will be getting neglected slightly!!