Brake Light in DIS

Masterm8fo

Warmonger
Reaction score
have recently had brake warning light appear on DIS (circle with 2 shoes either side?) and had a quick look at front pads which look OK - i know there is a sensor to tell me when they are low but i dont think it is this
have also checked brake fluid level and this is OK - had brake fluid service from dealer 3-4 months ago

any ideas on why this light might be coming on ?? the brakes do feel ok and not out of the normal

as soon as i get one light to go out another comes on !!

The warning limit is about 5mm for front brakes, so they probably do look okay.

They remind you early so you replace them sooner than later due to the importance of them.

Isn't that warning message the 1 about the brake lights? Check your bulbs when the warning comes on mate. It could just be a faulty bulb you have.

MasterMofo says that the symbol that he sees is a circle with two curved lines each side.

If it was a bulb, then you'd get the "bulb with a cross through it" symbol.

yes they are similar - i had to check in owners manual myself to make sure it was not a blulb light - the brake light is not specific on causes
it is not on always - comes on after maybe 20mins of driving so il have to waste more beer money on pads soon enuff
at this rate il be teetotal in no time !

the light probally comes on after 20 mins as irc the brake sensors work on a open circuit and when they wear down they use the disc to close the circuit or something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif