Coil Pack recall

Tsportaudia3

Reaction score
Hi ASN members, Im a newbie to this forum, first impressions are great!! Far better than other forums, alot of knowledgeable people on here. Ive been catching up on previous posts and some people have had this done. I had my A3 1.8T, 2001 facelift for just over a year now, is the coil pack recall still on offer does anyone know? Thanks

its not an offer as such. its a recall. so if ur car is one on the list to be done, they will do it.

ring them tomorrow and explain the recall, give them your chassis number. itll either be yes it needs doing, or no.

Hi ASN members, Im a newbie to this forum, first impressions are great!! Far better than other forums, alot of knowledgeable people on here. Ive been catching up on previous posts and some people have had this done. I had my A3 1.8T, 2001 facelift for just over a year now, is the coil pack recall still on offer does anyone know? Thanks

Hi, welcome to ASN. Give Audi a ring and they will tell you if they have to be replaced. Let us know how you get on with that. Post pics of your car up for us to see. I hope you enjoy the forum. :)

As above really, just call up Audi and they will advise if the car is on the recall list.

Just be aware though, dont expect them to change all the coils, there are only certain ones that are in the recall, as so many people have already replaced them themselves, there may be a strong likelyhood that you may have one or two that are already the new part.

Myself, I had replaced all of mine recently, so only had one that was replaced due to it being an older one.

Oh, welcome to the forum, and please feel free to use the search, as this is covered on an almost daily basis.

I have an A3 1.8T 2001 from new and serviced by them.
Last week one of the coils stopped working I gave audi dealer a call, they said come over to have them changed.
All 4 changed at no charge.
My question to them was why wasn't that done before if it was a call back. Well the person there couldn't give me a straight answer.

That would be pro activeness at no cost, now if its being pro active and there was a cost involved, they would probably have been done and you would have been whacked with a bill of probably about £200!!!

What if my coil packs have been replaced with aftermarket coil packs? (i.e from euro parts) if I was to ring audi and they said my car was on the 'list', but what would happen when they discover they have been changed at some stage for aftermarket non OE coil packs? Would they then charge me for OE coils or just change them because the car is on their list regardless of what coil packs are currently in the car?

i changed one of mine early this year went into audi to check mine told them id changed one not long ago they asked me for the old one to check. and two days ago they changed all four coilpacks inc the cheap aftermarket one and didnt even check the coilpack i left on passenger seat... i even ended up with the faulty coilpack left on seat and audi kept the new aftermarket one lol ( gone in bin )
so hats off to Audio. my a3 is running like new no splutter now well happy :)

What if my coil packs have been replaced with aftermarket coil packs? (i.e from euro parts) if I was to ring audi and they said my car was on the 'list', but what would happen when they discover they have been changed at some stage for aftermarket non OE coil packs? Would they then charge me for OE coils or just change them because the car is on their list regardless of what coil packs are currently in the car?

i changed one of mine early this year went into audi to check mine told them id changed one not long ago they asked me for the old one to check. and two days ago they changed all four coilpacks inc the cheap aftermarket one and didnt even check the coilpack i left on passenger seat... i even ended up with the faulty coilpack left on seat and audi kept the new aftermarket one lol ( gone in bin )
so hats off to Audio. my a3 is running like new no splutter now well happy :)

That sounds promising for me then mate! Think I'll pop into my local audi next week, there is a particular guy in there who is well sound and helpful who has sorted me out a couple of times, think I'll speak to him! Cheers for the info! :)