Which wheels??

essee

Reaction score
I really need some nice wheels for my black 1.6 SE.

Obviously, I don't have the power, so I thought I'd improve the looks...

Help me out here guys...

I'm looking to lower the car using H&R 50mm springs and then sticking either some:-

second hand 18" RSTT's... (S3 stylee)
Brock 9x16" (Euro stylee)
or just some 7.5 x 17" (too boring?)

That give's you an idea of my budget)

What are you opinions??
Will the car look stupid on 9x16's??

Cheers guys...

Hey! That's my car! (Well, that's exactly what it looks like now!)

But what about some nice deep dish 9x16's...with it lowered too???
11812.jpg

im starting to become a fan of deep dish alloys, keeps see loads of bimmers with like 4" polished lips looks really nice,...especially the dtm style ones...ummmmm sweet....the pic of the car is when it had been lowered by 35mm, still looks pants with standard alloys!..lol...hold on ive got some photchopin pics somewhere......

Oooh, I do like those last ones!

Can't imagine 22" rims on an A3 though! hahahaa!

I just thought I'd post the first pics of mine with the latest upgrade... wheels and tires...

OZ Crono Evolution in 17x7.5 with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/ZR17.

Don't mention the 4x4 look... it's a tough decision to lower a car when roads aren't smooth like butter and when catching a pothole always ends up with a "#$%@^#$^!"

Maybe that'll give you an idea...

OZ.JPG

Cronos_Michelin.JPG

Is that an all-road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Only jokin'! Looks great! But I would lower it; looks over comfort!

I hated my 16's, but now not too bothered once I had dropped it 30mm on Eibachs (See below), so for cost effective I'd say change to the T sport wheels, as you can pick them up super cheap off of ebay.co.uk or ebay.de. The other option which I like is the S3 alloys, but 18's do look better so the RS4 wheels are the expensive option.

Personally I prefer to keep the looking reasonably standard, so a 30mm drop and probably S3 or RS4 wheels will do the job for me, but it's depends on you.

I would be hesitant to go to big with a small engine'd car, as you will notice a reduction in acceleration if 18 or 19" are fitted.

18" are good you can find some good looking rs4 reps, so look around. but i do have some 17" s3 alloys for sale via awesome gti sure they can send some pics if needed tell
0161 7760777