Help with my clutch issue....

OllieH

Reaction score
Last week I started noticing an occasional crunch when changing gear, which I wasn't sure whether was in my head or not. My clutch biting point seemed to be really low aswell, being just off the floor. My car was left undriven for four days and when I got back in to drive today the clutch pushed all the way to the floor. I had to pump it a few times to get some clutch control back, but even then it was only the bottom inch of travel that I was getting compression with. This stayed like this for about 15 miles and then suddenly seemed alright again, with a biting point where it normally is! I've checked the clutch fluid level and that's fine, and also my brakes are fine.

Getting ideas of big clutch change bills now!!

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tried bleeding the system to see if there is any air in it?

Bro had similar issue with his old fiesta. Garage bled it and it was all good for about 6months until he sold it. It didn't affect his brakes either, I don't think.

Not tried bleeding yet. Can't see how it would suddenly get air in it. I haven't done anything to the car and I can't see any leaks around the gearbox or calipers, and then would it suddenly be alright again if there was air in there?