Headlight help!

marrick92

Reaction score
Driving to work this morning, flicked my headlights on only for my audi to respond with a headlight failure light on the dash.. :banghead:.
After work i checked it out, drivers side headlight out.. damn. Popped a spare bulb in but no joy! :(

Now what i thought was strange is that the high beam and fog lights (which use the same bulb) work absolutly fine but the normal driving lights dont (and neither do my side lights on both sides?--- sure they both worked the other day?)

So me being smart i looked at all the fuses and one was labeled something like 'dipped beam, right' so i checked that fuse out and it was fine. i took the fuse out for the left hand side, this makes it act like the right side - no dipped beam but fogs / high beam work fine. Swapped both the fuses over and still the drivers side doesnt work.

Any ideas? ive checked all the wiring i can see and cant see any breaks, splits or corrossion.

I had issues with this a while ago, my left dipped beam bulb would stop working now and then. Actually turned out to be a dud car battery. Fitted a new one and it's been sweet since. Never found out why it was causing the problem, just took the gamble as it was the original. And it payed off

That is odd :/ I replaced the battery when i bought the car less than a year ago so surely it cant be that? :(

I'll go clean up the battery terminals and see what happens.

Cheers for the help

Probably not the issue then dude. Give it a try anyways.

Or might be an earthing issue, scanned the car yet? Might show something.

still no luck, cleaned the battery terminals up.. Scanned it for codes but the only ones that come up are for my wheel speed sensor, which is nothing to do with my lights.. im so confused!