Central Locking not working, No fob response !!

ruffrida

Reaction score
I seem to having some random problems with my central locking.

A while ago as i was trying to show my parents the closing windows and sunroof with the key it stopped working halfway up, and the key fob would no longer work.

Not long after car was off the road for 5 months, once i fitted a new battery it randomly came back to life.

After months of trying to the car going (needed new clocks) it has stopped working again, but i have noticed a random thing, if you lock the car from inside using the button on the drivers door, it will lock but wont unlock.

The interior light also randomly flashes if the door is open and the door open signal doors not show on the DIS, the warning noise for the lights has also never worked, you could leave them on open the door, no warning noise.

I have got a microswitch but for the life of me cant work out where it goes, does any one have any pic's please ??

Please help, all advice welcome

Last edited:
Got home tonight, got the door panel off and realised it is not the micro switch as i unpluged it, pluged the new one in no diffrence.

Bulit it all back up and realised the door lights and door signal on me dis have come back on.

Closed it stil the key fob wont work and when you open the door with the key it only opens the drivers door.

you can clearly hear the pump working whn you press the door button, and if you press it a few times with the door open the central locking unlocks all the doors, but only by pressing unlock!!

Now the door lights are not working again and the dis signal has gone, could it be a fault in the door wiring??

Check for broken wires in the loom between the door and A pillar

Right i have tried all the sync threads and it will get all the way to opening the doors, but once i take the key out and go to lock it NOTHING!!

Pump ?

New Key needed ??

Leave that with me Adam. Will try to sort it out again after my holiday.

Eh up Damien, enjoy ya hols ?

Yeh no worries let me know when you are back, see if we can re-code that other key aswel if thats ok

Speak to you soon