Safest places to position 4 axle stands on s3?

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be getting my wheels refurbished this week and will also be fitting new discs and pads, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me or even better post a picture of where to position the axle stands underneath the car at both the front and rear? I have done several searches on both here and the net in general and can't seem to get a solid answer.

I don't really have a problem with positioning the axle stands on the front, more so the rear.

Any help would be appreciated!

Az

Come on guys, I know I'm being impatient here but I need to get all the wheels off the car this afternoon, someone must be able to guide me as I'm finding nothing s3 related on the net!

I used the front subframe rear mount points and the rear sills in this pic as I need to do stuff with the suspension...
20090313_IMG_4803.jpg

...but you can use the rear trailing arm as well if you want...

<tuffty/>

Paul, your neighbours must love you!! ;)

Paul, your neighbours must love you!! ;)

I have access to a ramp and a workshop now so its not as bad as it was but they did get upset when I was changing the fuel tank on the Golf out the front but then they are the local Victor Meldrew's anyway so who the hell cares!! ;P

<tuffty/>

Sod the neighbours! I'm always working on my car outside the house, if they don't like it they can jump.Thanks for the pointers, got it all done earlier, now time to get my genuine BBS CH's refurbished and get the new discs and pads on! One shocking discovery though, when I removed the n/s/r wheel I found that the rear shock casing that covers the piston was completely disintegrated! Only on that side though which is weird, god knows how it passed the last Mot like that! :-/