Tyres! What... In your opinion... Are the best? :)

Benjiman46

R-Tech Terrorist
Reaction score
Good evening all!

Recently I bought some 18" RSTT wheels without tyres, so I went on (CAMSKILL) Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres Buy Tyres Online & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance Servicing Accessories to have a look for a set. The range of tyres is phenomenal and they are all at the cheapest prices available to average Joe.

Anyway after looking on another website, Tyre reviews, tests and ratings | the online tyre guide and trawling through review after review, I went for Vredestein Ultrac Sessan.

Normally I'm a Parada Spec 2 man, but now I've got 4 driven wheels and much more power than my old car, the wear on the Paradas would be crippling!

All I'm wanting from this thread really is just some of your experiences with other brands and to give everyone else some idea of what to get.. Plus I wanted to share the above websites with you too :D

Cheers
Ben

I like goodyear eagle f1s... good all round tyre. Toyo proxes are really good but wear quick.

Yeah I've heard about the Toyos, Really soft compound thats the problem, and really poor wet weather grip same as the Parada spec 2

the eagle f1s are good in the wet and dont seem to wear at a stupidly quick rate.

Verdestein ultrac sessenta here. Very good tyre for the money with a hard as nails tread pattern ;)

Got a set of Kumho KU39's a few weeks ago and so far I'm liking them.

Just put falken 452's on mine, huge improvement from the cooper ditch finders that the wheels came with

Really good grip in the dry, havnt used them in the wet yet tho

I ran quite a few tyres over the years on my 8L S3, the best i came across were Michelin Pilot Sports (2 or 3). Due to Michelin massively increasing there prices i went for a change with the last set i had fitted, at the recommendation of my local tyre place went fro Bridgestone RE050's only did a couple of thousand miles on them but was very impressed with both grip and wear rate, at £20 cheaper each than the PS3's ill defo be fitting them to the A3 when they need changing.