Display panel - whats what

I

imported_mustwin1

Can anyone explain to a simpleton (me), what the various functions on the dashboard display are? I've recently come from a mk3 golf, so the Audi (A3Q) looks positively space age in comparison!

I have obviously worked out mgp+mpg av, but what is the mi, is that miles left to go before requiring refill? Also the hours (total running time?), can you reset that?

Also, what is the switch that has 3 positions located on top of the windscreen wiper stalk?

Any help, always appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

the hour bit will beep at you if you drive the car for 2 hours without having a rest of 10mins or more,

the 3 pos switch sounds like the intermitent wipe

mi me thinks is miles left but this isn`t very accurate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hours is total time since last reset - so you can work out how much time you spent driving since you last refilled. Not all that useful really.
2 hours constant driving (i.e. engine on more than 2 hours straight) and it will bleep - I think it will keep doing so until you stop engine for something like 10 or 15 mins.

The switch with 4 positions is for the various speeds of the intermittent wiper. Very useful.

You can reset average mpg, total hours, etc by cycling to that value using button on end of stalk and then pressing the reset button that's on the underside of the stalk. Press and hold - a quick press results in the DIS screen getting turned off/on.

Cheers chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

If there are any other tips, tricks, hidden features that could be useful to me, please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the hour bit will beep at you if you drive the car for 2 hours without having a rest of 10mins or more,

[/ QUOTE ]

****** German nannies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The best trick is the fact it can go to 80mph in 3rd and going at 120mph it still wants more!!!

Don't like the mpg display though, i'd rather not know how much money i'm spending on petrol!

(i came from a 1.1 saxo 2 months ago and am still impressed)

The compartments under the seats are useful - good for storing my sunglasses.

Cheers guys, thats excactly what I was after!

HTC, yep I have got a manual but I thought I would ask you guys cos then I would get opinions on whether the feature in question was worth using, whether it was frustrating, didn't work as well as it could etc etc etc

Thanks again chaps, M

p.s If you think of anymore please let me know
p.s.s The miles driven since last reset(?), or put it another way, the display immediatly above total milege of vehicle, how is that reset?

press the right-hand rod that sticks out of the plastic window.

Press the left-hand one to set a speed marker while driving - if you exceed that speed you get a bleep and warning sign saying (MPH1) or similar.

I think you can use the wiper stalk to set a 2nd limit as well, but I have never tried that.

If you press the left rod with engine off and ignition on then it does a check through the warning displays. But you'll find all this out and more when you read the manual... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif cheers mate, ok I'll stop being lazy git, I'll have a look at the manual tonight....