Nearing 3year waranty - what should get checked before ?

• Thread starter imported_roydonaldson
  • Start date
I

imported_roydonaldson

Hi there,

My lovely S3 is coming up to the 2 years, 6 months old point and I am getting concerned that I am getting up to the 3 years mark and about to go out of the warranty cover.

On that basis and the fact it needs to go in for a service soon (31000 miles), can anyone come up with a list of things that I should get checked out, looked after, audi updates etc., while it goes in. I'd like to check that I get as much done under the warranty, while I've still got it available to me ?

Thanks,
Roy.

tell them the radio volume keeps jumping and you should get a new radio. Also tell them its squeeking front and back so they give the arb bushes a good look over you never know your luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What I would suggest, is that you get it booked in for it's first MOT about a month before the warranty runs out..this way they'll repair any faults under warranty with no hassling.

Mine needed quite a bit of work to pass it's first MOT. Not good.

I once got a tip from a magazine.

If you spend around £100ish you can get a very detailed report from the AA giving a breakdown(sic) of any problems with the car.

Then take it into your dealer and insist they sort them all under warranty.

[ QUOTE ]
What I would suggest, is that you get it booked in for it's first MOT about a month before the warranty runs out..this way they'll repair any faults under warranty with no hassling.

Mine needed quite a bit of work to pass it's first MOT. Not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had my 1st MOT done (luckily still in warranty) but didn't need a single thing doing apart from the coil pack recall which it didn't need in the end. Would have been surprised if something did need doing. Is it common for the 1st MOT?

[ QUOTE ]

I just had my 1st MOT done (luckily still in warranty) but didn't need a single thing doing apart from the coil pack recall which it didn't need in the end. Would have been surprised if something did need doing. Is it common for the 1st MOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope it's not common...I was shocked to say the least...

Mine needed 2 x suspension bushes as they were destroyed
1 x drivers side track rod end
(the car needed the passenger side doing 7 months later!)
1 x cracked fuel filter.

I also had the coilpacks changed...

All in all...not happy.

Perhaps it comes down to how you drive the car, and how much torque it's being asked to deal with...I drive aggressively and it was never less than 300 lb-ft for years!

[ QUOTE ]
mine sailed through the 1st MOT also

[/ QUOTE ]

My Golf GTI 16v is 9 years old this August...and it's tuned...I drive it the same way as the S3..and it sails through MOTs.

Doesn't say much about the strength of S3 parts does it?

my list is quiet shocking. In the 60K miles, 2.5yrs that I have had mine:
ARBs replaced
PS pump replaced
PS pipes leaking and replaced
3 new head units!
front near side tie bar
complete exhaust
plastic ring thingy that is behind the steering wheel ESP senor or something like that - 3 times!
cup holder
2 wind screens - fractured and replaced due to chasis flex
BOSE sub
coil pack
oh yeah and air con unit.

My car has practically been rebuilt with new parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif HELL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, dont think Audi made alot of money out of me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif