APY intake hose

ManuGD

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Manu, and I'm from Spain. I've got a '00 S3 8L, and I registered here because I found that this forum has got a lot of information about my car. I couldn't find such a specialized forum in spanish.

I'm sorry that my first thread here is for asking, but I have read lots of different opinions about my doubt in internet.

My S3 has got the APY engine code, and my TIP is broken, so I need to replace it.
I thought about buying a silicon one, and I found one for a good price, but it says is for the 225hp S3, the BAM one. I also found one for AMK engines (it seems to be the same as the BAM one).

My question is if I can fit the BAM or AMK hose in my car just like "plug&play", or I need to do some modifications, or it is impossible because of its shape/position.

Anyone has been through this before?

Thank you, and excuse me for my english.

hello and welcome to the forum, one of the more knowledgeable guy will be here in a bit to guide you.

Hi everyone,

My name is Manu, and I'm from Spain. I've got a '00 S3 8L, and I registered here because I found that this forum has got a lot of information about my car. I couldn't find such a specialized forum in spanish.

I'm sorry that my first thread here is for asking, but I have read lots of different opinions about my doubt in internet.

My S3 has got the APY engine code, and my TIP is broken, so I need to replace it.
I thought about buying a silicon one, and I found one for a good price, but it says is for the 225hp S3, the BAM one. I also found one for AMK engines (it seems to be the same as the BAM one).

My question is if I can fit the BAM or AMK hose in my car just like "plug&play", or I need to do some modifications, or it is impossible because of its shape/position.

Anyone has been through this before?

Thank you, and excuse me for my english.

If yours is a 2000APY, I believe a BAM one will fit, I had a 2000APY S3 with silicon intake pipe installed, but on my early 99 S3, the TIP is different! It's a good time to upgrade and go for a Badger5 Intake pipe if you plan to modify it in future.

If yours is a 2000APY, I believe a BAM one will fit, I had a 2000APY S3 with silicon intake pipe installed, but on my early 99 S3, the TIP is different! It's a good time to upgrade and go for a Badger5 Intake pipe if you plan to modify it in future.

How much is the Badger5 one and where can I find it?

EDIT: Okay, I found it. But it's too much for my budget right now :(

I will see if I can find someone with a BAM S3 to see his TIP and check if it's the same as mine.

Anyone else can help me?

Thank you all!!