A few lowering questions,springs coilovers top mounts????

daz-20vt

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a few questions to help me come to a decision on how to lower my car, i was intending to lower my car on a set of H&R springs only or maybe KW or Weitec, lowering between 15-25mm, i just assumed this would be an easy choice between the 3 but after reading a few posts on coilovers im unsure, its very important for me to keep the ride quality of my car i just want a bit of a better stance and handling improvments but nothing drastic, so what kits will perform best for me, im also being told if im doing springs i may aswell do dampers and top mounts,ive treid to research this but the more i do the more it confuses me, should i do springs, springs and dampers or coilovers and lastlly do i need to upgrade or just replace the top mounts, any help on this would be great and also feel free to suggest a set up, thanks a lot guys, Daz

I'm running standard shocks with 40mm drop on koni springs and car feels great and drives well but that's for me, Daz it's all down to ur own personal taste and how Low u would be happy with and ur budget mate, I'm not a great fan of coilovers buts that's just me, have a look how low peoples cars are and judge how u would like urs here is a pic of mine and whatever u choose good luck mate

photo14.jpg

i think im going to run just springs then,keep listening to to many people is my problem lol, i had eibachs on my last s3 and loved them!!! there's so much more choice than when i had my last one its all a bit new, ill keep std shocks and replace top mounts, thanks for all your info guys, really helpful!!!!

Good choice mate. The eibach springs can be bought on eBay for pretty cheap, i got mine for £120 delivered!