EM TuningJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Benjiman46's Avatar
    R-Tech Terrorist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Worksop
    Posts
    547

    Will these wheels fit my car?

    Hi all!

    I am looking at some Audi TT / rs4 wheels on eBay with specs of 8x18 5x112 ET43. They are genuine Audi alloys, but just wondered if my car has a pcd of 110 or 112...

    I have a 2000 Audi S3 Quattro 210

    The eBay guy isn't really that helpful, he's just a scrap dealer and hasn't a clue what he's selling -.-

    Cheers in advance!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    86
    hey mate

    No they wont you need 5x100 pcd for 2000 s3 it changed to 5x112 with the 8p chassis

    james

  4. #3
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    Or a set of 5x100 - 5x112 PCD adapters. Do you know the offset of the alloys??

  5. #4
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,233
    Above damo et43
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  6. #5
    ChaddyA3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    254
    Adaptor plates are not advised as they warp under intense heat and easily bend, if you are wanting to do abit of ''flat footing'',''tracking'' i wouldn't advise adaptors as they can snap at the bolt heads due to torque, seen a few at the local track break and ended up in some nasty accidents (not just Audi's but also old-schools & Beemers) I would rather stick with the 5/100 than adapt it and regret it. Same goes with re-routing the 5/112 - 5/100, Not clever in my opinion. (seen some stupid a$$es do it here in SA and doesn't do the car well at all) Leave the rim as VAG brought it out + go with the PCD they recommend - OEM. Cheers guys keep well
    As Long as you in an Audi.......You doing it best!



    Specs:


    -Audi A3 8l 1.8T Silver 2003

  7. #6
    Customboy's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE London
    Posts
    836
    U can lways find a set of replica wheels that will fit ur car mate
    p

    THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

  8. #7
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Just buy these ones - Good price - Not affiliated just helping out

    Wheels & Tyres : Genuine Audi MK1 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

  9. #8
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,370
    If its done PROPERLY, an adaptor is no less safe than the original wheel hub.

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  10. #9
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Above damo et43
    Lol cheers dan, face in cornflakes moment

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaddyA3 View Post
    Adaptor plates are not advised as they warp under intense heat and easily bend, if you are wanting to do abit of ''flat footing'',''tracking'' i wouldn't advise adaptors as they can snap at the bolt heads due to torque, seen a few at the local track break and ended up in some nasty accidents (not just Audi's but also old-schools & Beemers) I would rather stick with the 5/100 than adapt it and regret it. Same goes with re-routing the 5/112 - 5/100, Not clever in my opinion. (seen some stupid a$$es do it here in SA and doesn't do the car well at all) Leave the rim as VAG brought it out + go with the PCD they recommend - OEM. Cheers guys keep well
    I run pcd adapters as do a few of my mates and alot of lads on here. Biggest issue would be adding unsprung weight, as said if you invest in a good set of adapters from a trusted manufacturer all should be fine. Buy cheap expect to end up in a ditch.
    Iv never heard of a set warping but that dont mean they wont.
    I wouldn't recommend them for the track all the same.

    Are these the newer style rs4 wheels or the old style ?? If old style hold out and look for some rstt's ad they'r 5x100 as per Danes link

  11. #10
    ChaddyA3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    254
    @Damo.h - All personal opinions & preferences are cool with me, Bought a set through a dealer here in SA (not to mention set from ECS) for my B5 A4 and they didn't go well on the car, I personally didn't feel comfortable with them on :-) then after I bought a new set of rims I started hearing stories and as mentioned saw a couple of nasty incidences at our local track. I must say its unfortunate that manufacturers didn't have one set pcd for rims,etc as the B6 S4 AVUS rims look pretty awesome on a S3 and many others too.18" B5 Rs4 reps (RSTT's) go great on the A3/S3 and look great :-) Cheers chaps have a great day
    As Long as you in an Audi.......You doing it best!



    Specs:


    -Audi A3 8l 1.8T Silver 2003

  12. #11
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    Yup everyone has their own views dude

    Avus III's ftw

  13. #12
    Benjiman46's Avatar
    R-Tech Terrorist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Worksop
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Just buy these ones - Good price - Not affiliated just helping out

    Wheels & Tyres : Genuine Audi MK1 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels
    Ahhh if only they were closer mate, I'm in Worksop so it's too far for me to travel for some wheels. They are the exact ones I want though!!!

  14. #13
    Alex C's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lizard, Cornwall
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaddyA3 View Post
    @Damo.h - All personal opinions & preferences are cool with me, Bought a set through a dealer here in SA (not to mention set from ECS) for my B5 A4 and they didn't go well on the car, I personally didn't feel comfortable with them on :-) then after I bought a new set of rims I started hearing stories and as mentioned saw a couple of nasty incidences at our local track. I must say its unfortunate that manufacturers didn't have one set pcd for rims,etc as the B6 S4 AVUS rims look pretty awesome on a S3 and many others too.18" B5 Rs4 reps (RSTT's) go great on the A3/S3 and look great :-) Cheers chaps have a great day
    were they hubcentric
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

  15. #14
    RyanS3TT's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    496
    I have 3 rs4 alloys 5x100 and 5x112 that I'm going to refurb and sell soon. They will be in classifieds in about a week if you still need. Obviously you'll have to get a 4th.. I have it but she's a little wobbly.
    Cars:

    Now: Audi TT Project car but looking for An S3 Project.

    Past: Audi A5 3.0 V6 TDI 300BHP 481 lbft

    Past: Audi S3 MTM 345BHP


  16. #15
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjiman46 View Post
    Ahhh if only they were closer mate, I'm in Worksop so it's too far for me to travel for some wheels. They are the exact ones I want though!!!
    Wheel courier wil charge around £45 delivered anywhere uk mainland dude so don't let location put you off if you see something you like.

  17. #16
    Dane's Avatar
    Faster than a V12 Q7

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    4,003
    Also be careful with proper b5 rs4 wheels as the first lot were made from a soft compound, so buckle easily, and have a T in the part number. Audi replaced them with a harder compound with AE in the part number. The offset will be much more agresive and will be close to 0 with hub adapters.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. need to know if these wheels will fit my car before i list them on EBAY
    By nshort10 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th October 2010, 13:52
  2. Will these wheels fit my car?
    By jamesmow in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd June 2010, 13:45
  3. Will these wheels fit on my car ??
    By sc00byd00byd00 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 5th July 2009, 14:23
  4. Will 18in S-line wheels from an A4 fit my car?
    By POC in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th March 2008, 22:21
  5. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT WHEELS WILL FIT MY CAR?!
    By claire in forum Classic Audi Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th April 2004, 13:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO