Engine management light on dash

I

imported_ashs3

Driving along and it came on, looked in the manual and it says that...

"If a fault should occur in the engine management system while the car is moving, the warning lamp will light up. The system will then switch automatically to the back up programme and engine power will be reduced. Take the car to an Audi workshop without delay"

Now the car is under warranty so I am not too bothered, but have a few questions if anyone can help?

1. Is the car OK to drive to work tomorrow? (will go to Audi as soon as they open)
2. has this happened to anyone else? if so what was the problem?

Only thing I have done to the car is have 18" RSTT wheels fitted?
Other than the light coming on I have not noticed much difference in power or behaviour, but have only been driving on normal roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Should be ok to drive, but that all depends on whats up!

Mine came on a couple of times over the years, both times lamda sensor.

Kev.

Just called Audi Roadside and they are gonna come to work tomorrow at 8am, I live 5 mins down the road and start at 7am so will drive in as gentle as I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I did a search on the S3 forum and found a few issues like dirty throttle body's, faulty lambada sensors, MAF's, dirty air boxes etc, so will have to wait and see what Roadside say?

I asked my local dealer the same question when my engine managemnt light came on. He said it was OK to drive, but if it started running badly to stop and call Audi Roadside Assistance.

I guess you could probably call Roadside assistance out anyway if you're worried.

It could be anything, they have to plug their laptop in to get a diagnosis. In my case it was a temperature sensor, and Roadside Assistance replaced the faulty part at the roadside.

Roadside text my mobile and called me when outside office /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VAG com showed a faulty Pre Lambada sensor, so booked it in at Cardiff Audi on Monday to swap the sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Noticed the car was a bit flat lately so could this be why?

[ QUOTE ]
Roadside text my mobile and called me when outside office /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VAG com showed a faulty Pre Lambada sensor, so booked it in at Cardiff Audi on Monday to swap the sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Noticed the car was a bit flat lately so could this be why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got the same thing faulty lambda, let me know how u get on because parts take a bit longer to get here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

They also diagnosed my haldex controller as faulty and needing replacement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif