With the head off, how much labour to fit con rods? S3 8L

jackpilk

Reaction score
The turbo on my car is in need of replacing which the dealer who I bought the car off will be paying for.
My garage who will be doing the work say that removing the head is the correct way to go about this, and also mines due it's belts so it does make sense to go this way.

With the head off the car how much extra labour would it cost roughly to fit rods? I'd supply the new rods, piston rings and bearings, anything else I should supply? (The sumps been off recently to be cleaned and the pick-up pipe was replaced)

Apologies for mentioning the dreaded 'R' word I know it's extremely disliked with the number of 'should I go forged' post's.

Sump off and that's it really. I think?Need a special tool too compress the rings to refit the pistons though.

Have you spoken to your garage about doing this mate? If so did they not give you an idea of cost? After all they are the garage who will be doing the work so whatever anyone on here says will be near enough irrelevant

Have you spoken to your garage about doing this mate? If so did they not give you an idea of cost? After all they are the garage who will be doing the work so whatever anyone on here says will be near enough irrelevant

The garage is kind of family so the work involved and cost would always be run by me first and they are usually great on price.
I haven't asked them yet how much it would cost to do this as I only really just though of it, as the heads coming off it seems the right time if any to do it now. I'l ask the garage tomorrow but was just wondering what other bit's I might need as I'l be supplying the parts.