Morons Threw a Rock & Dented my S3 (B Pillar Exterior Panel)

I

imported_NS1

I was driving down a country lane on my way home from work on Friday evening, when two youths hurled (full pelt) a rock at my car, from about 10 yards & legged it into the woods (I tried to catch them, but they were gone).
I was travelling about 50mph, & the rock hit my car at about head height, by a stroke of luck the rock hit my car between the front & rear nearside windows & has badly dented the exterior B pillar panel. The tw@ts could have really done some damage to me or a passenger, if it had gone through the window.

So, does anyone know how easy it is to remove the exterior b pillar panel & how much it's likely to be for a new panel.
Is it something I could do myself or should it go into Audi?

Cheers,

That sucks big time. My blood boils when I here stuff like this.

Anyways, you can remove the trim but it involves drilling out a few rivets. You have to pull off the door seal to see them.
See the diagram.
A3S3BPillarTrim.jpg

Obviously there may also be damage underneath. If its just the trim you need then it'll be cheap, but if its more than that then it could be a fair bit if it needs to go into a body shop.

Hope it all works out for you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

i'd be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif if someone threw a rock at my car!!!

......shd go door to door locally hunting for their blood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

where are you from? where were you driving?

hope you reported to police - even if just to give them something to do!

glad you are okay tho and hope you can get you car sorted for not too much cash.

my blood is a high temp too. Damn kids get away with it too. They used to put stones in snowballs too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

really fu@Ks me off- its peoples lives they are playing with here and its pure ignorance- something should be done about this because it is a national problem.

audi-sport campaign to home office?

Thanks for the replies - looks like the panel won't be too difficult to replace then, i'm glad it didn't hit the door panel or me!

I was driving down Burdenshott Road in Worplesdon, near Guildford in Surrey.
I chased after the idiots, but they must have legged it as soon as they chucked the rock & by the time i'd stopped the car & ran back to where they were, they had disappeared into the woods.
Can't even go looking for them 'cause I didn't get a real look at them, so wouldn't know them if I saw them.
Rang the Police for what it's worth, just in case it's happened before.

I'll be on the lookout from now on, this stuff really p!sses me off. A couple of years ago, my girlfriend had some idiots catapult a marble through her car window & then 3 weeks later (after she'd just bought a new car) did it again.

About 3 miles from where I live - grrrreat.

This kind of thing really annoys me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif - Don't they even realise the possible consequences?

Your really lucky the rock didn't hit you!!! - god knows what could have happened!

I wouldn't have expected it in that area, used to live round there and it always seemed fine.

Get the flamethrowers fitted mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif!!

Mike

I know this may be tempting more damage but... you could go back one day at a similar time to see if they'd do it again...

Then you could wring their scrawny little necks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Glad you're ok mate...

Cheers

Tim

What is it with kids these days. I know as kids we got up to some stupid stuff / pranks, but also had a limit / respect for valuble property and peoples lives for god sake.

I mean, recent news up here was a stabbing of a young man by a group of teenages <16yrs old with a broken bottle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

It's the parents fault just as much as the actual kids themselves.

It happened on my regular route home from work, so I go past the place same time every day, i'll be ready for them if it happens again!

Dreadful.

I used to live on a side street off a busy 4-lane road here in London and occasionally the local kids (you know the sort - about 4ft8, wearing a baseball cap under a hoodie and chainsmoking) would amuse themselves by throwing stones into the passing traffic. Insanity. Not really anything anyone could do about it (unless you wanted your house broken into and your car vandalised).

Occasionally one of them would get hauled up before the local residents meeting for it and they'd inevitably be accompanied by some slag of a mother who looked and sounded like a cross between Waynetta Slob and Vicky Pollard shrieking that "Mah lickle haingel Dawwen wouldn't do nuffink lark that".... You can see where the kids get it from....

Just got off the phone to my local dealer & they only want £7.99 for a replacement B-pillar panel!
Sounds too cheap to me, but they assure me it's the right part.
So, hopefully it shouldn't cost me too much in the end.

I wouldn't want to spend much more than that for it. Its just a stamped peice of metal, so production costs are low.

Just be carful when you drill the rivets out if you are doing it yourself. Don't drill too deep.