Anyone running Yokohama Parada Spec 2?

this used to be the only thing I ran on my old stage2 1.8t, amazing grip in all conditions, pretty much the same grip in the wet as dry! Also not bad on tyre wear considering the performance, I'd swear by them. . . Then again I've pretty much never used anything else but the cheapies that came with the rims which where just a danger in the wet!

My mate has a 370hp Mk1 focus RS and these are all he uses as well... You'd be amazed at how they can transfer all that power through the front wheels:racer:

They're pretty much the same price on ebay all the time tho, don't buy them prematurely just because camskill are doing good price on em

I hate to contradict the above post, but....

AVOID - they're ****.

Sadly, they are much like EBC greenstuff pads and manual boost controllers on unmapped cars.

To the man in the pub, they are the bottom line in quality performance parts.

To the informed enthusiast, they're gash, especially on a heavy high powered car like yours Andrew, if used in anger they will break and up and fall apart, I've seen it happen a number of times.

Dry grip is fairly good, I won't deny that, but they're too soft in construction and rip apart on heavy use, and they're lethal in the wet.

They do look very cool though!

Move on I'd say! find something else.

As prawn says. Alright in the dry and look sweet but very soft compound.

Depends on you application.

If fast road driving where you want durability in wet and dry, it's ps3's all the way. You'll get so Many more miles out of them.

I hate to contradict the above post, but....

Not a bother mate... As i said, never really used anything else so have nothing to compare against but they served me well for a good while. My mate in his focus does countless burnouts and spinns up in 1st and 2nd EVERYWHERE he goes and has never had any trouble with de-laming or anything.

To be fair tho, i'm sure your opinion is way more informed than mine baring in mind your background. What do you recommend for a similar price?

2nd's on the tread pattern looking damn cool tho!

SHOCKING in the wet...verging on dangerous! Fun in the dry though.

SHOCKING in the wet...verging on dangerous! Fun in the dry though.

I was always very impressed with how they handled in the wet. It's the Kumho's you gotta watch out for in the wet! Then again they're half the price.

As said tho, i don't have much experience with anything else but for everyday/slightly enthusiastic driving i found them to be a very good tyre... to be fair tho, I'm deffo "the man in the pub" as prawn says :beerchug:

Wet weather was hilarious. Easily full lock it on a roundabout without driving fast. Dry grip was great on a light car like the Civic or Yaris I had. They used to be dirt cheap too but the amount of people that bought them seemed to drive the price up a fair bit. On track on a friends fabian vrs they looked like f1 tyres after they've been round picking up the marbles. Huge chunks of rubber peeling off from heat.