S3 8l footrest pedal

Jimgrim77

Reaction score
Have TT pedals. Tried but TT footrest didn't fit without damaging.

What are the best options? Would like it to be chrome really.

Any one have any ideas?

Have TT pedals. Tried but TT footrest didn't fit without damaging.

What are the best options? Would like it to be chrome really.

Any one have any ideas?

Id be Intrested in this to.

Im liking this idea, was talked about a while back but can't remember what came of it. Im sure the rhd version won't fit.
Think ABT do a foot plate but if I remember it's not the same colour as the TT pedals.

Wounder if S3dave could knock something up out of some brushed alloy to match :think:

Id also like something, theres a s3 foot plate on ebay but its for the new shape which is crap.

Id also like something, theres a s3 foot plate on ebay but its for the new shape which is crap.

Exactly.

I contacted the seller and he mentioned that, at some point they might manufacture some, but nothing's been forthcoming.

Creation motorsport is the sellers name. They do golf mark 2 and seat Leon mk2 ones but doubt they will fit either.

Don't want a major faff but good simple bolt on to match the TT pedals. Surely someone, somewhere can pull something together. I'm sure theyd get a high volume of sales for every a3 and s3 out there!?

It says on awsomes website that the accelerator one may require gluing? Is that the case?

Nope. Not with genuine TT ones. I didn't even warm mine. Peeled off and pushed new ones on.

No glue. Took about 2 minutes for all 3.

But come on...back to the footrest problem. :)

Haha, like mentioned earlier...get dave on it :)

Last edited:
Iv txt dave, let's see what he says ;)

Edit* we may be on boys;)

I will have a look at it tomoz, stainless or ali? mirrored or a brush finish?....:)

Hi Dave.

I imagine that a brush finish would be best. Essentially after a match for the TT pedals. So whatever you think would be the best match in terms of look and material.

If you can produce something that can fit onto the footrest shape using the fixing bolt etc...then all the better. Not sure what other way we could affix but open to suggestions.

Creation Motorsport on eBay have loads of footrests for other vehicles which may give you an idea.

Thanks for Looking into this.

Thanks damo saved me haha.

Eerr, spoilt for choice now haha. Whats the tt pedals? They brushed ali?

Thin brushed aluminium I think, stuck and sitting over rubber.

Brush finish will def be harder wearing for sure, i think ali will be ok but will start to corrode/discolour quickly unless it is lacquered
Stainless brush finish seems the winner...

So brushed stainless it is then :).

You think youll be able to make sumet dave?

Nice one Dave, 3m tape should do the trick, if not ill just no nails the fecker in lol

Anyone know if the rubber tread bits are stuck on or pushed through the holes ??

They are pushed through normally. The metal thus sits over the rubber.
If a hole could be places where the fixing bolt is on the footrest currently, perhaps that could be used in addition to fixing tape.

That's what I thought Jim. Oh well, let's see what dave comes up with.

Dave are you able to mimic the holes in the pedals/ original foot rest ??

That's what I thought Jim. Oh well, let's see what dave comes up with.

Dave are you able to mimic the holes in the pedals/ original foot rest ??

Fingers crossed eh!

Seems good Dave.

Defo with karl on the superdave thing haha.

Haha agreed....Dave = Leg End

Dave how big is the fkn foot rest going to be, them D shaped rubbers are mahoosive ;)

Not vinyl at best it's 150 microns thick. I'll check my suppliers catalogues when I get back in mate and let ya lknow

^ SuperTURD^ dave I search everyone I can think of and nothing sorry. Did a search on the web, plenty Co's providing different sizes of D shaped rubber and similar but couldn't find and they would be finished off at the edges. More like long lengths you'd cut to size.
Maybe just go wih holes in the plate rather than stick on rubber of none to be found.