Forge TIP fitted... And..

smurfworth

Reaction score
So we fitted the forge pipe today that I got from DPM, cheers Damion, and I noticed the forge 007p is quieter and flutters like the standard bosch one used to, I was just wondering if this was normal?

The car feels a bit slower low down but that could be just me, I'll do some logs with Vagcom later to see if there has been any improvement.

Should be louder if anything mate, did you plum everything up properly?

And should pull better mate even on a a3. It all fitted right?

Yeah everything is back in properly, had to bodge the small pipe that comes out the top I the 007p, would that be causing it to flutter?

nope. somethings plumbed wrong. or kinked to the dv or something.
it should work just he same after the tip was fitted

nope. somethings plumbed wrong. or kinked to the dv or something.
it should work just he same after the tip was fitted

So even if the pipe at the top was kinked/restricted it shouldn't flutter? The turbo sounds a lot louder now, the dump is quieter but flutters, but top end of the rev range there is quite an improvement.

the flutter will be ur turbo so it sounds like the dv is not working, prolly because the vacum pipe is kinked or split, when i did my 007p the old vacum pipe was like rigid as **** so replaced the lot.

Done a few logs with vagcom tonight and the Mass air flow reading has dropped which by working out a BHP figure from my logs before the Forge TIP was installed and it shows a 4BHP drop also a fault code has appered in vagcom which is:

1 Fault Found:
17608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
P1200 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0000

Pretty sure this is because of the bodge job on the top of the 007p so will get new silicone hose for this pipe and see if it stops the DV from fluttering. Had another look at the pipe and everything looks the same as when the standard TIP was on the car.

Thanks for all the help so far. Hopfully i'll be able to sort this annoying issue out!

Right, so, as cockups go I'd say this was quite a good one. Initially when installing the TIP I took it to a garage my mate works at to pick up some bits and was offered to install the TIP using one of their ramps. Great I thought, easier access, loads of tools and a qualified mechanic on hand.

Installed the TIP perfectly fine until we got to the smaller pipe on the top of the forge 007p which wasn't long enough, so the qualified mechanic came up with the idea of using a connector and a bit more length of pipe. Which by looking at it seemed like it should work fine.

However I looked at it today and the "connector" didn't actually have a hole through the middle and was effectively acting as a bung. Replaced this whole pipe with a new section of longer pipe, clipped it all in tightly and took it for a drive.

Seemed to release the air with a whoosh like it used to except its a lot quieter now, I've read that it is quieter with a TIP installed on a non mapped car on ukmkiv's. So I'll do a log with vagcom later on in the week to see if the TIP has had any improvement over the standard TIP.

However thecar does seem to be a little more powerfull now but that could be because I got used to having a malfunction running on the car it also doesn't hesitate at 4000 rpm like it used to now, so I'm kinda happy, apart from losing some of the childish loud whoosh noise.

glad yu got it sorted out mate and good luck with the N249 bypass